What is Uni life like in Canberra?

Discussion in 'Other alternatives' started by bouncybutt3, Jan 23, 2015.

1. bouncybutt3

bouncybutt3 New Member

Hi all, so im currently in yr 12 living in Sydney and am seriously considering my options. After listing my preferences on paper i still have a few spare spots for lower preference and am looking at Australian National Uni, there are various courses that catch my eye.
    The problem is im not sure what it is like living in Canberra (ive been once with school in primary) From what i remember it seemed like a small quiet town.
    Of course Uni needs its fair share of social life and study. I am the party/adventurous time of person, i am obviously aware that the night life is nothing compared to Sydney, however some decent social life should be able to occupy me for those 3 or 4 years.
    Also compared to a place like Townsville which is better?
    I would really appreciate peoples opinions and thoughts.
    Sorry if i didn't post this in the right thread.

2. jsth

jsth Regular Member

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're goal is at the moment... is it to get into medicine/dentistry? If so, you should consider which uni gives you better chance of that. Social life shouldn't have such a heavy weighting on your decision.

If you are living in college, the social/party life will be at your doorstep so that's not something to be worried about. On top of that, you can do sports and play at AUGs which will be a week of partying that will satisfy your social needs for the rest of the year. :)

3. InZane

InZane New Member

I think Townsville is better. Ive lived in Canberra and Im currently studying in Townsville so I would know about the night life.