Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

what med schools can only look at gpa?

chase

bad secondary result,good gpa?

hey,guys.if i have bad secondary school results and good gpa,which school should i apply?
i will be studying my first year at university this year.
i am pretty sure for unsw and utas,they look at both atar and gpa?
and i know that uws can look at gpa if atar doesnt meet the requirement.
any other schools can i apply?

Last edited:

Syn

JCU only looks at GPA, not even UMAT. Other med schools are the JMP (UNE/UoN), UWS, UNSW (Although, they also consider your ATAR), UTas, and... hmm, I feel like I'm forgetting something....

chase

thanks to ur apply,but i think that does only apply to local students
as an first year uni internation student,i think JCU and UWS are the only options.
unsw and utas will look at atar and JMP dont take international students.

bobby190

Doesnt JCU look at application form and interview aswell? Or for local applicants do they only look at GPA?
Im not sure if there is a uni that only looks at GPA, I know only Griffiths dentistry course that looks only for GPA.

chase

my mistake.what i was trying to say is that any school can take gpa alone if secondary school result doesnt meet the requirement.
jcu look at application and interview for internationals as well

chase

i have made some modifications to my post.
if i have bad secondary school result and good gpa,which school should i apply?

mighty

You should do some more research around MSO and on the university websites. Make sure you look at universities that accept non-standards.
Last I checked these were UNSW, UWS, UTas, UAdel (but only if studying at UAdel already), JMP (UNCLE and UNE), JCU. I'd recommend doing your own research for which unis consider GPA only. Good luck. :)

chase

hey guys,i am in my first year and i will sit isat.
according from my research.unsw and utas will look at atar.
and the other ones like uq,uadel i believe is the same.
which only left was uws and jcu(i guess).

i am year1 so i will sit isat.

You should do some more research around MSO and on the university websites. Make sure you look at universities that accept non-standards.
Last I checked these were UNSW, UWS, UTas, UAdel (but only if studying at UAdel already), JMP (UNCLE and UNE), JCU. I'd recommend doing your own research for which unis consider GPA only. Good luck. :)
thank you~from my research,its uws and jcu.
and for unws and utas,they look at atar as well

Last edited by a moderator: