Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

What school to apply when getting Extremely Low ISAT score

I got overall 22 percentiles as my ISAT result, which is extremely low i know. However, is there any school that you think I am able to apply rather than JCU? As I want to see if I have got any other options:)

A1

Rookie Doc
Thanks, but do I need to sit gamsat after I finish the bachelor that Griffith offer in order to get in to MD?

If you get into GU's BMedSc you won't need to sit Gamsat. There is a requirement to pass one particular unit (i.e. you can't opt out of doing it) but I think it's nothing to worry about.

> Bachelor of Medical Science (1280)
This degree, designed for high-achieving secondary school leavers, provides the opportunity for you to progress directly into our Doctor of Medicine (5099)*

A1

Rookie Doc
Thanks for your detailed explanation. Also, for the require ATAR score, would it be lower for the international students?

Most likely the required ATAR would be lower for int'l students, but I don't know how much lower. I have heard the earlier you apply the better chance since offers are released progressively (unlike domestic students getting them in a big offer round).

Most likely the required ATAR would be lower for int'l students, but I don't know how much lower. I have heard the earlier you apply the better chance since offers are released progressively (unlike domestic students getting them in a big offer round).
Many thanks:)
I would apply for GU ASAP

Ian Naga

Retired Lurker
Thanks, but do I need to sit gamsat after I finish the bachelor that Griffith offer in order to get in to MD?
Adding to what !A1 has mentioned, these are the requirements:

**Progression into 5099 Doctor of Medicine is conditional upon your successful completion of the Bachelor of Medical Science with an overall GPA of 5.0 or higher, and achieving a minimum Pass grade in the course ‘Human Skills for Medicine’. If you do not successfully complete the Bachelor of Medical Science, you will not be able to progress to the Doctor of Medicine program.

Also, for the require ATAR score, would it be lower for the international students?

Yes.
Griffith is the only university in Australia available to overseas students that goes strictly on the high school results for medicine admission. It is a rare breed even for locals and I am not sure for how long they will do that before they too add other components like interview and standardized tests etc.

Requirements for overseas students:
http://policies.griffith.edu.au/pdf/Academic Entry Requirements by Country.pdf

Additional Info for 2019:
======================

Estimated total degree tuition fee
Bachelor of Medical Science: AUD$94,500.00
Doctor of Medicine: AUD$268,000.00
Compulsory orientation start date Monday 18 February 2019
Program commencement date Monday 25 February 2019

Good Luck!