Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

What to Wear to a Medical School Interview

D

Deleted member 6391

Last edited by a moderator:

Havox

Sword and Martini Guy!
Emeritus Staff
Guys: Actually I went in a suit and I believe that is appropriate. Formal and conservative is what you're going for. Business shirt, dress pants, tie and decent shoes.

Girls: Formal and conservative. If your grandma would like it then that's the way to go.

Kyle

Old Man MSO
Emeritus Staff
I think it also depends on the age of the person applying, re: suit vs shirt and tie.

Lozzy

smilee ☺ <font color="Yellow">★ ★</font>
Emeritus Staff
Girl: nice blouse + pants/skirt (make sure it's not too short..a bit above knee is as high as i'd go), or a dress + heels/flats.

You don't have to go for the whole professional look, as long as it's conservative, neat and you put SOME effort in, you should be fine :)

D

Deleted member 6391

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyle

Old Man MSO
Emeritus Staff
We can't see that image, you'll have to link the actual jpg

mmak

I haven't had an interview yet, but I'm not wearing a suit to mine - may not wear a tie either. But I will make sure that what I do wear is smart and well-fitting. You don't want to ruin your presentation of your personality with too much formality. But you don't want to show any signs of being careless and messy, and you also need to show that you can present well.

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
Lozzy is the most accurate I think for women. Maybe try dress pants for comfortability because thats very important to not be distracted by what you are wearing in the interview. and then whatever you were to interview, you could use for clinic! :D

chinaski

Lozzy is the most accurate I think for women. Maybe try dress pants for comfortability because thats very important to not be distracted by what you are wearing in the interview. and then whatever you were to interview, you could use for clinic! :D

Lozzy put it nicely. Or, to put it not so nicely: nobody wants to see your boobs, your butt or too much of your legs. Put it away, ladies. ;)

Bobby21

To tie or not to tie, that is the question for me.

I think a tie comes off as too formal, but I dunno.

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
To tie or not to tie, that is the question for me.

Ive seen both in the interview. I dont think it matters too much. they are not here to assess you purely on your attire. But I have seen many people without the tie so if you feel more comfortable that way, dont wear one.

chinaski

Too formal for what? I agree with Miss U - you can get away without one - but if you think a tie is "too formal" for an interview for admission into a very conservative profession, I'm not sure how much more "formal" a setting you'd envisage before you'd consider wearing one!

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
Too formal for what? I agree with Miss U - you can get away without one - but if you think a tie is "too formal" for an interview for admission into a very conservative profession, I'm not sure how much more "formal" a setting you'd envisage before you'd consider wearing one!

possibly a meeting with a evil world dominator...actually nah...not even then :D