• ALL USERS: please familiarise yourself with the MSO Forum Rules (updated 03/08/20).
  • UCAT PREP COMPANY DISCUSSION: Site administrators have implemented a rule that states there is to be NO mention of UCAT prep companies. This includes discussion, recommendations, questions, and reviews, and extends to allusions, acronyms, and other other attempts to get around the rule. Offending content will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be warned and may be banned.

What was the lowest score for UQ in 2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctor

Does anyone know what was the lowest Total Raw score for UQ YR 12 Provisional Entry in 2007. I mean in the last round of offers not the first round.I heard first round was cut off at 174.If you know please help. Thanks.

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

meimei

I think that the UQ requirements might change completely this year - I know they are likely to for the graduate entry path, as they are no longer having interviews (for grad entry it's 100% GAMSAT with a threshold GPA). It seems to be similar for the undergrad provisional entry (100% UMAT with a threshold OP1 score) - there are no interviews for undergrad entry this year. (Were there interviews last year?)

There is a lot of discussion about how this will affect required GAMSAT scores for graduate entry on www.pagingdr.proboards61.com at the moment, and I'd imagine that it would be similarly uncertain for UMAT scores. If you're considering putting UQ as your first preference, I'd check out the threads over there, especially about the short lists. I'd contact UQ directly as well.

kizza_boy

Does anyone know what was the lowest Total Raw score for UQ YR 12 Provisional Entry in 2007. I mean in the last round of offers not the first round.I heard first round was cut off at 174.If you know please help. Thanks.
Provisional Entry requirements are not changing this year, they are same as always. Last year the lowest UMAT score that made the entry cutoff was 172-ish, or so they told us. The UMAT is quite important with UQ because as long as you have an OP1 as an initial hurdle, all offers are made on UMAT score basis.

L337

Based God
Emeritus Staff
Provisional Entry requirements are not changing this year, they are same as always. Last year the lowest UMAT score that made the entry cutoff was 172-ish, or so they told us. The UMAT is quite important with UQ because as long as you have an OP1 as an initial hurdle, all offers are made on UMAT score basis.
I have a friend doing UQ prov. med this year who got in with a UMAT in the 150's...I think he was allowed some special consideration though. :)

doctor

I have a friend doing UQ prov. med this year who got in with a UMAT in the 150's...I think he was allowed some special consideration though. :)
Would you kindly elaborate on that L337.What kind of special consideration? thanks in advance.

L337

Based God
Emeritus Staff
Would you kindly elaborate on that L337.What kind of special consideration? thanks in advance.
Hmmm, well, without revealing too much - I'd say extreme personal/family hardship throughout Yr. 11 + 12 and being ESL (if that's considered at all).

Status
Not open for further replies.