• ALL USERS: please familiarise yourself with the MSO Forum Rules (updated 03/08/20).
  • UCAT PREP COMPANY DISCUSSION: Site administrators have implemented a rule that states there is to be NO mention of UCAT prep companies. This includes discussion, recommendations, questions, and reviews, and extends to allusions, acronyms, and other other attempts to get around the rule. Offending content will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be warned and may be banned.

What's a good low GI breakfast food for the UMAT?

Ice.Coffee

weell if 12 000 people are really taking it then these guys have earned in excess of 1.8 mill so for a private company im going to go out on a limb and say they're pretty damned successful.

also my chances have no been shot to hell for i have become one in twelve thousand.

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
Originally posted by Ice.Coffee@Jul 17 2007, 07:11 PM
weell if 12 000 people are really taking it then these guys have earned in excess of 1.8 mill so for a private company im going to go out on a limb and say they're pretty damned successful.

also my chances have no been shot to hell for i have become one in twelve thousand.
[snapback]48496[/snapback]​
well, one in twelve thousand, but about one in twelve for numbers of med places. also bear in mind there are people that do the umat for dentistry and pharmacy too, so slightly less competition.

~shinigami~

。◕‿◕。
Emeritus Staff
Originally posted by Ice.Coffee@Jul 17 2007, 07:41 PM

[snapback]48496[/snapback]​
So how do we tap into this gold mine? :lol:

Mana

Administrator
Alas there are people who already have.

There are some people who get brilliant scores in the UMAT and are asked back to their, um, ______________ to help with the next year's course.

Then there are some people who start up their own _____________.

And then there are some people that work for ACER.

L337

Based God
Emeritus Staff
Originally posted by Mana@Jul 17 2007, 09:54 PM
Alas there are people who already have.

There are some people who get brilliant scores in the UMAT and are asked back to their, um, ______________ to help with the next year's course.

Then there are some people who start up their own _____________.

And then there are some people that work for ACER.
[snapback]48516[/snapback]​

Hmmm, I knew about the first two scenarios there...but ACER actually enlists top UMAT candidates to work for them? That's interesting

Hayden

Getting busier
Emeritus Staff
Originally posted by ~shinigami~@Jul 17 2007, 07:37 PM
source - http://www.acer.edu.au/about/

Despite saying all that, I'm not too happy about the price either. $150 is pretty steep.
[snapback]48493[/snapback]​
Yeah, but like I said, it should be the government: both run and paid. I don't trust that company at all. (Not that I trust the government that much either lol...)

~shinigami~

。◕‿◕。
Emeritus Staff
Originally posted by Hayden@Jul 18 2007, 12:11 AM
Yeah, but like I said, it should be the government: both run and paid. I don't trust that company at all. (Not that I trust the government that much either lol...)
[snapback]48545[/snapback]​
Good Point.

I concede. :)

djfiesta

Photographer
Wow. I can't remember how many posts were about low GI foods.
I personally think like sick certificates, the $150 fee is just something to sort the wheat from the chaff. If you're willing to pay for the test, you are more serious about it than someone else.

Low GI? Uncle toby's oats. Tastes like crap though.
My old exam/test routine was 1 vanilla coke and a pack of starburst.
I'm only on here cos I cant sleep atm.

kevin

ACER is a private company so they should be able to price their tests at whatever they want, the problem is that it requires you to do it for a uni course, so it should at least be subsidised a bit more..

Mana

Administrator
Nooo L337... acer doesn't do that. i meant people that tap into the umat gold mine...