Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

where are UTAS MBBS classes located?

->Jay<-

i'll give them a call to double check that, hopefully they'll let me switch rooms :p

and when the weather gets too hot, that's when its time to indulge in ice cream and jump in the pool
qld summer all the way.

i'm gonna look forward to wearing my entire wardrobe to keep warm haha ;)

Lol, qld is faaaar too hot for me.

I complain when its 20. at 25. . . not fun.

<3 the cold :)

->Jay<-

I've got a question for anyone studying med at utas atm.

Whats the best method of transport to get there? Do people drive? If so where do they park? Or do most people catch buses?

Whats the best method of transport to get there? Do people drive? If so where do they park? Or do most people catch buses?

wouldn't that depend on whereabouts they live?
i've only visited ONCE but from the info i've gathered, people who live close by normally walk/cycle or if it's a bit too far/feeling lazy they bus it since the buses come every 10 min
asked about driving and everyone says its a pain 'cause its apparently really hard to find car spaces in the city - not sure if there is an allocated carpark for the med school

hope that helps

n33b

FIRST!!!

What CaffeineJunkie said. For those driving, they have the option of using the car parks in the city (obviously cost a bit) or parking in the domain, which is a ~5 minute walk from the med school, though you have to climb uphill to get back to your car! There are spots for bikes somewhere around the med school as well so it's pretty easy for bikers (but there have been a few theft acts so you'd best keep your bike secured with a chain).

->Jay<-

wouldn't that depend on whereabouts they live?
i've only visited ONCE but from the info i've gathered, people who live close by normally walk/cycle or if it's a bit too far/feeling lazy they bus it since the buses come every 10 min
asked about driving and everyone says its a pain 'cause its apparently really hard to find car spaces in the city - not sure if there is an allocated carpark for the med school

hope that helps

Hmm im too far to walk. Bus it is it looks like :p

Capriccio

greaaaaaaat, im gonna be one of them
love being underage :|

and i just got back from a trip to hobart, i gotta say...WHY IS IT SO COLD WHEN ITS SUPPOSED TO BE SUMMER!!
felt like i was gonna turn into a popsicle for the entire 24 hrs i was there
not. looking. forward. to. winter.

T______T better to be underage than older like me? i'm turning 21 this year and it's going to be my first year. Bah it's partly because of my country's schooling system and also because i had to take a year's worth of medical leave :(

Hayden

Getting busier
Emeritus Staff
T______T better to be underage than older like me? i'm turning 21 this year and it's going to be my first year. Bah it's partly because of my country's schooling system and also because i had to take a year's worth of medical leave :(

OMG that is like, SOOOO old.

Trust me, it's not good to be underage and starting uni.

Capriccio

OMG that is like, SOOOO old.

Trust me, it's not good to be underage and starting uni.

*takes a newspaper and smacks hayden* i suppose somebody here could qualify for the senior citizen category. If you're younger than me i'm going to be veeery depressed for a while :'( heck at least i'm going to do medicine <3 hopefully i dont get all wrinkly before i get to have kids

Hayden

Getting busier
Emeritus Staff
*takes a newspaper and smacks hayden* i suppose somebody here could qualify for the senior citizen category. If you're younger than me i'm going to be veeery depressed for a while :'( heck at least i'm going to do medicine <3 hopefully i dont get all wrinkly before i get to have kids

Did I really not put enough sarcasm in that post?

21 is not old to be starting medicine. In my opinion, 17 is way too young.

->Jay<-

Do you guys think that being right in the city, near a hospital is a big positive for studying at utas? I'm pretty sure i'm going to stay in tassie, but i still wanna consider other offers. Monash is another option but it seems a fair way out and i like the building at utas lol >.>

EDIT: nvm, im just going to stay in tassie, cheaper :p

Last edited:
21 is not old to be starting medicine. In my opinion, 17 is way too young.
you make me so sad *wipes away tear
but i'd have to agree, 17 does seem a bit young to be studying medicine since it's far from a walk in the park
in qld because the graduating age is 17, the med courses are all 6 years which gives a few years to prep
eh, i'm the type that works with what they're given so i'm sure given some time i'll cope :p

T______T better to be underage than older like me?
and I find being underage when everyone else around you is over 18 is just painful which is why i don't like announcing my age to the world and only tell people if they ask otherwise what they don’t know won’t hurt them
theres pro’s and con’s to be older and younger, really just depends on how you see it

EDIT: nvm, im just going to stay in tassie, cheaper :p
cheaper compared to hobart or melb @_@
and rent in the city actually ain't too bad, its about $200-$300 a week but the problem is traffic noise

->Jay<-

cheaper compared to hobart or melb @_@
and rent in the city actually ain't too bad, its about $200-$300 a week but the problem is traffic noise

Well if i stay in tassie i can live with parents a few more years. So thats free :p and get my food cooked hahahah. So it was kinda a toss up of the 'adventure' of moving interstate, or the cheapness of staying in tassie, staying with friends, family etc. But i spose i have all my life for 'adventure' :p

Capriccio

Well if i stay in tassie i can live with parents a few more years. So thats free :p and get my food cooked hahahah. So it was kinda a toss up of the 'adventure' of moving interstate, or the cheapness of staying in tassie, staying with friends, family etc. But i spose i have all my life for 'adventure' :p

... isnt med school an adventure in itself :D want to trade? my family's a ~9 hour flight away. i wouldnt mind getting my food cooked and having friends :)

haha very valid point
i don't know, when i was studying at uq i never really felt the need to move out except when my rents told me that i need to focus more on my studies because they thought i was mucking around to much - HA BOY DID I PROVE THEM WRONG
the prospect of unrooting yourself to go interstate does seem pretty daunting, it hasn't quite hit me yet but i definitely see the adventure part
the adventure for you can just wait 5 more years ;)

->Jay<-

haha very valid point
i don't know, when i was studying at uq i never really felt the need to move out except when my rents told me that i need to focus more on my studies because they thought i was mucking around to much - HA BOY DID I PROVE THEM WRONG
the prospect of unrooting yourself to go interstate does seem pretty daunting, it hasn't quite hit me yet but i definitely see the adventure part
the adventure for you can just wait 5 more years ;)

Exactly ! UTas it definitely is!