Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

which uni for dent?

so ive been reading alot on mso, and now im really confused as to what uni is best for me...
I've applied to dentistry at la trobe, jcu (i got a med offer their pre-atar, so im assuming my application is good), griffith and UQ. my UMAT is terrible (in the 50s percentile) but my ATAR is 99.7 + EAS points.

Assuming I get more than one offer (which I REALLY doubt but just in case), whats the best way to go ? Im from Sydney if that helps !

boxhunter

Whoever replies will typically reply with their respective uni, hell I would recommend coming to JCU. What you need to do is assess your options, assess the course structure and assess the financial expenditure within the course. I am not aware of the costs of dental equipment alongsides HECS at each of these dental institutions besides JCU (everything is free / besides loupes). So what you need to do is receive all your offers and do a lot of research about the respective cities and find out which suits you best.

Personally I am from Sydney and I got into JCU (only dent offer I got so really didn't have no choice) but I really enjoy Cairns. Very tropical and fun weather. In regards to the school, great program set up and lots of hands-on experience. Best of luck

ahhhh i know thats just so much easier said than done ! theres no way ill get uq so basically im tossing between griffith and jcu ... never been to either gold coast or cairns hahah -_- thanks anyway !

If you're worried about jobs, this is what a careers supervisor told me " There are so few Dental degrees in Australia that all are considered to be excellent.
I don't believe that it will be harder to start your dental career. This is my opinion, it might be worth talking to a dentist to get their thoughts."

miss_universe

muse.
Emeritus Staff
Griffith has that whole 100k for the last 2 years thing going on, if thats still valid (sorry I have been out of the country for a bit, hope nothing has changed too much). So JCU sounds like a good option to me.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads