Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Who got into Griffith dentistry?

Veon

If you're female, moderately attractive and are able to cook/clean, you can share my room at the GUV.

Seriously though, first order of business will be to call the GUV tomorrow and see if you can still get a room. I'm pretty sure you'd be able to.

Consult here;http://www.griffith.edu.au/ocs/accommodation/

Off-Campus Accommodation
At the start of each semester our Off-Campus Accommodation Service make available regularly updated lists of houses and flats available for rent in the suburbs surrounding the Griffith University campuses (except the Gold Coast Campus).
Students studying at the Gold Coast campus should contact the Student Guild for assistance in finding accommodation.
Emphasis mine.

So; call the GUV tomorrow, then call the Student Guild if that doesn't work out.
I know there are houses/flats available for rent in that general area, despite what it says there. I spoke to some Dent students while I was up there for my interview, and a few of them lived in such accomodation.

I'll see you up at Griffith. :D

Ennis

Hmm, so I'd need to make international calls, huh. Do you know how fast they (GUV) are in replying to emails? Should I fill out an enquiry form now and hope that they reply tomorrow?

Thanks for the helpful info, by the way.

Veon

Are you planning to go straight from where you are at the moment, to the Gold Coast?

Doesn't matter though; you can just email them. They're usually very quick to respond.
Whenever I had questions they replied overnight.

I have two emails that I use for correspondance with them, maybe that'll help with speeding up a return to your enquiry;
[email protected]
[email protected]

Flick around here; http://www.griffithuv.com.au/index.php
My net is horrendously laggy at the moment but it loaded enough for me to spot the words 'Apply Now' printed rather largely on the front page, so i'm guessing you're still able to apply.

Ennis

Ohhhhh! I spotted that Flash advertisement on the side on their website: "rooms now available for both semester 1 and 2." Looks like I might have a chance after all. I'll get to emailing them right away.

Thanks a lot! :)

bina

wow thanks for the offer veon haha.. unfortunetly (fortunetly?!) my parents are worried about their only daughter and often include.. "we don't mind if you want to rent a place with some GIRLS" into the conversation!

I did contact GUV last week while I was still considering the offer and was informed that the only room left was places in 5 bedroom apart. hmm.. i was after single studio or apart. Ah well... seems i may be renting a house/unit/apart/townhouse near uni.

By the way.. has anyone had bloodtests for that blue card stuff? I'm terrified of needles and can't see any way out of getting a blood test =(

jwar085

Hi there!! I got into Griffith dent also. :) Trying to figure out accommodation. Is anyone looking to share an apt that is not the halls or GUV??
I didn't get my congratulations phone call :( but I am overseas. Has anyone enrolled yet?

bina

omg jwar would you believe i just read your post (assuming its you lol) regarding sharing accomodation on ******** forums! Lol. Would be happy to share accom. let me know. ^_^

congrats on the offer! Looking forward to meeting all this year.

Ennis

Argh, can't believe GUV ran out of single studio and apartments. They replied that they have a waiting list for two bedroom apartments and available five bedroom apartments...

Does anyone know how far it is from GUV to where we attend classes for Dentistry?

jwar085

Hi Ennis
another person from NZ :) where abouts are you from? are you at Auckland Uni??
GUV is just a walk over the street to uni. you go over a little bridge.
I was looking at those studios also. But honestly I think you can get cheaper out from the uni.

Ennis

Hey jwar,

I'm from New Zealand, but I don't live there anymore :p But I used to live in Auckland.

Hmm, so do we attend classes at th actual campus? What about the building we went to for our interviews? Aren't we taking classes over there?

I was thinking of renting an apartment out of the uni too, but I want the shortest walking distance possible too.

jawasan

griffith dent for non school leavers

hi i was just wondering if any one has gotten into griffith dent after completing a uni degree or half way through a degree. i was wondering if this is possible, say if i do the umat and do very well? If anyone has, can you please let me know what degree you studied and what kind of marks you needed in both your degree and umat to gain entry. And what else can i do on my part to be accepted (is relevent work experience considered?). any replies would be greatly appreciated i'm not sure how else to get this kind of info THANKS :)

jwar085

Auckland represent! hehe. First year is out at Gold Coast campus about ten minutes away from the hospital. Second year is out at where we were for interviews.

Im in the same boat I want to flat near where we will be going to uni.

Ennis

Hmm, then GUV actually seems ideal for accommodation during the first year. But do let me know if you find any flats :)

Ennis

First year is out at Gold Coast campus about ten minutes away from the hospital. Second year is out at where we were for interviews.

I informed my parents of this, but they're skeptical about it. Can you provide me with any official sources regarding this so that I can convince my parents?

bina

err.. has everyone got a first aid and CPR certificate? :unsure: I was just reading the info sheet handed to me after the griffith interview and it says "Students are adviced to complete a First Aid and/or CPR course prior to commencement of studies."

soo.. I don't have one as yet... :mellow:

jwar085

Yup I got mine a few months ago Bina. its not a long course.
Ennis just go to the website. they have pictures of this little bridge that crosses over the road quoting "a short walk to uni". hehe so cute convincing your parents. :p

Ennis

jwar, what I asking was whether the piece of information about first year Dentistry students attending classes at the Gold Coast campus was official or not. Can anyone please confirm for me?

jwar085

yes its official. lol. i kinda like to research the uni im going to before showing up on the first day. like where my lectures are. what rooms they are in etc. i think you need to do a little researching :)

~shinigami~

。◕‿◕。
Emeritus Staff
err.. has everyone got a first aid and CPR certificate? :unsure: I was just reading the info sheet handed to me after the griffith interview and it says "Students are adviced to complete a First Aid and/or CPR course prior to commencement of studies."

soo.. I don't have one as yet... :mellow:

Incidentally, I just finished the course today. It was boring as hell but very easy. If you're in a fun group then it can be pretty fun.

bina

i'm going through st.john's i think and booking for 26th jan. AH.. and i need to learn to drive before i move.... and i need to find a home.... and i need to get a blood test.... and i need to have a going to gold coast party lol. TOO many things to do in such short time.
I think i've persuaded mum that i'll be okay lol