Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

WSU MMI Interview Tips

Lottie319

As a first year Med Student at WSU, I think the best thing you can do is be honest- the interviewers can tell if you're just telling them what you expect them to want to hear. The interview process was quite friendly and everyone wants you to do your best, so try to relax. I can't say a lot about the actual process because of the confidentiality documents, but I can say that I thought a lot about why I wanted to do medicine, the experiences I've had so far that have build my skills (e.g. communication, leadership, problem solving) and some ethical concepts. Expect a combination of skills testing and more broad questions. Good luck- I'm helping out on the Tuesday morning, so maybe I'll see you there!

lily19873

UNSW MD/BMed (I)
As a first year Med Student at WSU, I think the best thing you can do is be honest- the interviewers can tell if you're just telling them what you expect them to want to hear. The interview process was quite friendly and everyone wants you to do your best, so try to relax. I can't say a lot about the actual process because of the confidentiality documents, but I can say that I thought a lot about why I wanted to do medicine, the experiences I've had so far that have build my skills (e.g. communication, leadership, problem solving) and some ethical concepts. Expect a combination of skills testing and more broad questions. Good luck- I'm helping out on the Tuesday morning, so maybe I'll see you there!
Would you suggest doing an interview prep course?

Lottie319

Would you suggest doing an interview prep course?
No I wouldn’t- to be honest, I think they’re too expensive for what they’re worth, and you’re more likely to come off as rehearsed rather than genuine, which is the opposite of what you want. I think there’s probably better ways to spend your time if you want to prepare (e.g. it might be worth knowing a little bit about Western Sydney, plus thinking about some of the stuff I mentioned above). Plus there’s more fun things to spend money on! Good luck :)