Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

WSU Roll call 2018-2022

sn1p

WSU Alum
Anyone know when we will have our timetables finalised?
Both now and never. Your academic timeline has already been finalised and actually came out last year (it’s on MBBS Course Hub on vUWS if that’s available for you), but your weekly timetables are very subject to change. They’ll give block timetables with what each week will look like if there are no changes at all, which will NOT happen, and every week there could potentially be one or two differences compared to the block timetables.

niaz

Hello I saw on vUWS that we need a Senior First Aid certificate. Is that the same as a Provide First Aid cert or is it something different?

Also, with the Police Check, is the detail for the check just Student Placement?

pplex

Hello I saw on vUWS that we need a Senior First Aid certificate. Is that the same as a Provide First Aid cert or is it something different?

Also, with the Police Check, is the detail for the check just Student Placement?
Yes and yes. Senior first aid is just the old name for it.

pplex

Oh okay thank you!!

Also has anyone got anything in the mail yet?
all good mate. Nah I havn't but this is on the timetable section on mywestern..

"SCHOOL OF MEDICINE Students enrolling in MBBS DO NOT self allocate to Lectures or Tutorial groups as you will be automatically allocated by the School of Medicine IMPORTANT: ORIENTATION WEEK 26 FEBRUARY TO 2 MARCH ALL STUDENTS MUST ATTNED ORIENTATION - Further information will follow within the coming days. Your first day will commence: Monday 26 Febraury 8.30am Building 30 Campbelltown Campus Contact: [email protected] "

Rhosie

I got an email about MBBS Orientation Week and it has a link to a pdf with a lot of important info including clinical school preferences, etc. So check your emails!!
I have not yet received an email; am I the only one left out?? I feel so alone o_O:)

woodsy

WSU MBBS III
Just got my orientation info which is so exciting!

I just was wondering, is their any advantage to placing a certain clinical location over the other? Like other than distance to home, but like teaching quality or something?

Thanks!

sn1p

WSU Alum
Just got my orientation info which is so exciting!

I just was wondering, is their any advantage to placing a certain clinical location over the other? Like other than distance to home, but like teaching quality or something?

Thanks!

Nup, just whichever clinical school is more convenient for you for the next 2 years. You get to swap after a semester/year finishes if you can find another student to swap clinical schools with but I wouldn’t bank on that, and after year 2 you get to pick again.

woodsy

WSU MBBS III
Nup, just whichever clinical school is more convenient for you for the next 2 years. You get to swap after a semester/year finishes if you can find another student to swap clinical schools with but I wouldn’t bank on that, and after year 2 you get to pick again.

Alright, thanks for letting me know! Blacktown/Mt Druitt it is then :)

Also just a heads up for everyone the due date for location preferences is only a couple of days away.

sn1p

WSU Alum
Hello my new amigos,

If anyone’s already settled at Campbelltown/close by/doesn’t mind travelling, and is used to or doesn’t mind the feeling of DOMS (that feeling after leg day when ya can’t walk), there’s a study that’s being done at the WSU School of Medicine that I’m involved in and we’re looking for subjects. Unfortunately it seems like we’re pretty much out of funds at the moment, but if it’s comes back you’d earn $25/hr + maybe an extra $25 for the pain that we’d be inflicting (otherwise it’ll have to be done for free ☹️). It involves a small electrode being inserted into the side/back of your calf into a nerve, and injection of a bit of saline into the front of your calf to cause the pain (which should reach an unpleasant but bearable amount of pain, similar to DOMS). Overall it should last somewhere less than 3 hours, and shouldn’t cause any lasting damage - I’ve had my nerve jabbed on both legs (despite being very apprehensive about it before) and will be doing it again soon, and so far I’m still fine. If you’d be interested in heading over to the School of Medicine or the campus as a whole and/or you want an experience of whay lab research on human subjects is like, please message me :)

If you’d only consider doing it if there’s reimbursement ($$), that’s totally fine, bu but please message me anyway, I’ll let you know once there are funds.