Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

WSU Roll Call 2020-2024

Some guy

Hey all just had a question regarding prequisites for the clinical sciences unit.
In the handbook it says that we need to do first aid training. Does that mean we have to do it before the 17th of Feb?
You only need it by the end of semester 1, and WSU also offers it on-campus if you prefer that instead of an outside provider. There's info at the bottom of this page - Special Requirements for the MD | Western Sydney University

Hey guys, so excited to meet y’all when sem starts!! Just so confused about the enrolling process - what are we even supposed to enrol in lol do we only enrol for this yr?? And are we doing both 1H and 2H???? Thanks so much!!

Hey guys, so excited to meet y’all when sem starts!! Just so confused about the enrolling process - what are we even supposed to enrol in lol do we only enrol for this yr?? And are we doing both 1H and 2H???? Thanks so much!!
Yeah you really only need to enrol for this year. Make sure you enrol for Clinical Sciences 1 2020/1H and 2020/2H because those are the (only) two units of study we will be doing this year.

ecop

This may sound silly now that I've enrolled and everything - but I haven't seen any mention of Bonded or Unbonded.....is there any way to confirm this? hahaha

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
This may sound silly now that I've enrolled and everything - but I haven't seen any mention of Bonded or Unbonded.....is there any way to confirm this? hahaha

There's been talk about this in the other WSU threads. Apparently, those that have a BMP have it clearly stated in their offers, so if you are uncertain, you probably don't have a BMP. Have another look at your offer email, if there's no mention... I'd say it's a full CSP.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Are we going to create a group on social media or does something of sort already exist?

Typically, social media groups are created by the Med Student Society so only verified students can be added. I assume WSU is similar. You’ll be invited as soon as it’s up and running, if it’s not already, or I’m sure a link will get posted here (as it has for a couple of other courses).

maniacfish

Has anyone tried to set up a concession opal? I just did and they told me my student number wasn’t valid 😑
I had the same problem after initially filling out the form on mywestern. I waited a few days and tried again and it worked. Maybe it just takes some time for the info to get from wsu to opal.

Oh... first I’ve heard of it. Do you have a link for the form on MyWestern or otherwise?
Just follow the instructions here and be sure to use provide the same details you enrolled with.

LouiseDisease

best western
ALSO: is anyone else moving into the Village? I put in my money for it in November because I wanted an en suite and was going off my good vibes for WSU after my JMP interview but I am afraid I will be lonely now and stuck on campus for the whole year hahahah.

Richy

Lurker
ALSO: is anyone else moving into the Village? I put in my money for it in November because I wanted an en suite and was going off my good vibes for WSU after my JMP interview but I am afraid I will be lonely now and stuck on campus for the whole year hahahah.

I think there should be a fair few of us non-sydneysiders moving on campus since it's pretty convenient. I can't message you, but dm me and I'll make a messenger group and add whoever is living on campus.

Kevin7641

Lurker
I think there should be a fair few of us non-sydneysiders moving on campus since it's pretty convenient. I can't message you, but dm me and I'll make a messenger group and add whoever is living on campus.
Hello, I can't message you guys. I will be living on campus too.