Degree: Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS)
Type: Postgraduate – 4 years – Full Time
Campus: Parkville campus, Melbourne
COURSE CODE: N/A
Information: Recording on 9th March 2010
Course structure: http://www.dent.unimelb.edu.au/dsweb/future_students/dds/dds4.html
Academic requirements pre-requisites
- Successfully completed an undergraduate degree in any discipline at any Australian or recognised international university
- 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] year university level subjects in anatomy, biochemistry and physiology.
- Must meet UMELB’s English requirements for graduates by either completing a undergraduate or otherwise course in English within the last 2 years (see Appendix C)
- At least 50 in every section of GAMSAT to be competitive
Intake per year
~ 90 places (26 CSP,24 FFP Local,40 FFP International)
- 20% of CSP places goes to Melbourne Graduate Access and some of the CSP spots are reserved for guaranteed entry.
How to apply
1. Complete or be in final year of undergraduate degree and obtain a GPA
2. Register for GAMSAT by 5.00pm AEDT on Wednesday 1 February 2012
3. Sit the GAMSAT on Saturday 24 March 2012.
4. Apply through Graduate Medical Admissions Centre (GMAC) Online System see Appendix A by 10 June 2012 Applications open early May 2012, and It is not possible to apply via VTAC
5. Submit GAMSAT results by the 10[SUP]th[/SUP] June 2011.
6. Obtain offer – First round offer some time in the second week of November and coincides with the Melbourne MD offers. Second round offers are made 2 weeks later. Subsequent offers are then made depending on availability
Guaranteed Entry for high-achieving school leaversApply directly to the University of Melbourne (more information at appendix D)
- Closing date for international applications via the GMAC Online Admission System was 10 June 2011.
- International applicants apply either via the GMAC Online Admission System or direct to International Admissions at the University of Melbourne (Appendix B) by 24 June 2011.
- International students eligible to apply as part of the Guaranteed Entry pathway must still apply direct to International Admissions at the University of Melbourne or via GMAC if they have completed GAMSAT.
- If not in Australia, an alternative test needs to be taken (to replace the GAMSAT). For example, the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT), DAT for US and Canadian students, or the BMAT for UK students) See Appendices E-G
A – GMAC Online Admissions System.
B – International Admissions
C – English Requirements
D – Guaranteed Entry for high-achieving school leavers application form
E – Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
F – Dental Admissions Test (US and Canadian students)
G – BioMedical Admissions Test (UK students)
Degree: Doctor of Dental Surgery
Type: Post-graduate – 4 years – Full Time
+ Bachelors degree
+ Pre-requisites for each state in Australia http://www.dent.unimelb.edu.au/dsweb/future_students/dds/dds5.html
How to apply:
+ Submit an online application via GMAC System
Intake per year
+ 90 places ( CSP + FFP )
+ The Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne
+ Implant Dentistry, Oral Medicince, Orthdontics, Paediatric Dentistry, Periodontics,
Special Needs Dentistry, Endodontics, Prosthodontics, Forensic Odontology, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery