So I’m the sarcastic Grinch who stole MSO-newbie Christmas, and wrote this in the (vain) hope that it might deter the posting of silly threads. If you’re thinking of posting one of these (except perhaps #10 :p ) please use the search button first.
1) What ATAR/UMAT/GPA do I need to get into university X?
2) Which university is better? +/- a gigantic description of your oh-so-unique personal situation.
3) Can somebody please read the future and tell me what UMAT/ATAR/GPA I’m going to get?
4) Hi, I’m year 9, and I’m going to be a neurosurgeon.
5) How much money do I need to spend on pr*p courses to be guaranteed an amazing UMAT score? (That’s how it works, right?)
6) *Insert troll thread about something strange about medical students* (Past examples include, but are not limited to: ‘Is it easier to get dates as a med student?’, ‘Do med students lose their virginity at a different time than anyone else?’, ‘Most med students come from a high socioeconomic background?’).
7) I didn’t get into med in Au/NZ, but if I just go off to some overseas med school, I’ll be sweet to come back and practice here, right?
8) Illegible spam trying to sell some blatantly fake product.
9) I didn’t get the grades I needed to get into medical school, but I think I’m pretty awesome, so can somebody please tell me where that super-secret back-door into med school is?
10) Actual legitimate question.