Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

University of Melbourne Libraries

rybo

Originally posted by MiscD@Jan 23 2007, 09:51 AM
I deffered my place, but did u happen to see Ormond College cos that was my 1st pref and i got an offer there. And how does the uni look, is it nice. Ive seen pics which look pretty cool like old victorian style.

btw im in sydney
[snapback]28974[/snapback]​

Yer I saw Ormond, looked pretty awesome from the outside - like a castle. The front shrouded in trees, looks like something out of Harry Potter (i know shame on me, but its the best description I can come up with lol).

Yer the uni's pretty flash, very big and imposing, but nice, and yer very victorianistic (if thats a word).

Thanks Aussie, haha yer brother and sisters are stocked cos one of them gets my room :p but yer they all wanted me to go (cos they thought it was better) so all is good.

its feels good having some direction, cos ever since the UMAT ive been waiting on results, then offers and i havent known where id end up

Originally posted by rybo@Jan 24 2007, 11:18 AM
Yer the uni's pretty flash, very big and imposing, but nice, and yer very victorianistic (if thats a word).
[snapback]29158[/snapback]​
The Med building and the Brownless are more 'stuffy-and-dusty' than 'Victorian'. :p

A tip for Melbourne-ites: forget the Brownless unless you actually need to borrow books. The third floor of the Law Building is the best library ever. I'm not a Law student, heck I'm not even a UMelb student, but it's my second home. :D

Originally posted by Scut Monkey@Jan 27 2007, 04:19 PM
The Med building and the Brownless are more 'stuffy-and-dusty' than 'Victorian'.  :p

A tip for Melbourne-ites: forget the Brownless unless you actually need to borrow books. The third floor of the Law Building is the best library ever. I'm not a Law student, heck I'm not even a UMelb student, but it's my second home.  :D
[snapback]29769[/snapback]​

What's so good about it?

Originally posted by AussieChica+Jan 27 2007, 04:35 PM-->
LOL that's funny
[snapback]29773[/snapback]​
[/b]
You'd be suprised how many Monash Pharmacy peeps hang out at UMelb. Our campus is cut off from the rest of the uni so we leech resources off UMelb only a few minutes away. :rolleyes:

<!--QuoteBegin-L337
@Jan 27 2007, 04:41 PM
What's so good about it?
[snapback]29777[/snapback]​
It's brand-spanking-new, has a nice modern decor, is clean, has a good fresh air supply (i.e. not stuffy), has nice views and large windows for good natural lighting, nice big study areas for both groups and individuals, nice chairs, plenty of computers, plenty of space for laptops, wireless internet and, most importantly, it has no giggling Meddies to distract you. :p

Originally posted by Scut Monkey@Jan 27 2007, 05:05 PM
It's brand-spanking-new, has a nice modern decor, is clean, has a good fresh air supply (i.e. not stuffy), has nice views and large windows for good natural lighting, nice big study areas for both groups and individuals, nice chairs, plenty of computers, plenty of space for laptops, wireless internet and, most importantly, it has no giggling Meddies to distract you. :p
[snapback]29787[/snapback]​

Sounds good :D

Originally posted by Scut Monkey@Jan 27 2007, 03:19 PM
The Med building and the Brownless are more 'stuffy-and-dusty' than 'Victorian'.  :p

very true. I guess the only "Victorian" parts are the law school and quadrangle

Originally posted by Scut Monkey@Jan 27 2007, 03:19 PM
I'm not a Law student, heck I'm not even a UMelb student, but it's my second home.  :D
[snapback]29769[/snapback]​

LOL Classic!

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Back