Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Bond Medicine: FEE-HELP / HECS-HELP Discussion

do you have to pay the full fees upfront
I think you should take a look at the prior answers, but essentially once the HECS-HELP is finished you have to pay each trimester upfront so around 90k per year and 30k per trimester

Reactions: tnt
If I pay cash do I pay one term by one term or pay 5 years altogether? If so , any discount?
Also can I apply to study in other medical schools as non standard one year after i study in Bond? Thanks.

Last edited:
If I pay cash do I pay one term by one term or pay 5 years altogether? If so , any discount?
Also can I apply to study in other medical schools one year after i study in Bond? Thanks.
I'd imagine you would only be required to pay for the trimester that you're enrolled in (so smaller chunks over the ~5 years). I doubt you could pay the lot at once as your progression in the degree relies on you passing the pre-requisites (ie. they won't have you paying for 5th year when you've not even passed 1st year yet). I'd imagine you can only pay for what you are enrolled in. With the exception of scholarships, I'm not sure that private universities would have a discount structure, but that would be worth chatting to Bond directly about.

I found on this forum that minimum 10 years of residency in Australia is required to be eligible for FEE-HELP but I can't seem to find that info on Bond Uni website. Is this true?

I found on this forum that minimum 10 years of residency in Australia is required to be eligible for FEE-HELP but I can't seem to find that info on Bond Uni website. Is this true?
You don't find info on Bond website likely because FEE-HELP is a government program, not Bond's.

Eligibility for FEE-HELP is either Aus citizen, or NZ on Special Category Visa, or PR on Humanitarian Visa. I don't know how it became connected to 10 years of residency (unless it meant the 10 years would make you eligible to apply for Aus citizenship)
> https://www.studyassist.gov.au/help-loans/fee-help

Back