• UCAT results are out! Just kidding, I'm just testing the notices system. Cheers, Mana

Melbourne Uni Chancellor's Scholar MMI

umat2016

Probably not - UQ has similar subjects which would play the same role. I'd still take Griffith over UQ unless I already lived in Brisbane and had family support there (which counts for a lot, including not having to pay rent because you live with your parents, for example).
But you can choose any undergraduate course you want. That means there is no specific subject that is used for exclusion.

Mana

Registrar
Administrar
OP 1 with ATAR 99.85 and Umat 189 (96%).
This poster has not given his UMAT score, how do you know he will get UQ to choose rather than Griffith?
This score will get UQ, but whether or not it does, the advice would affect the way that this person would preference QTAC.

Mana

Registrar
Administrar
But you can choose any undergraduate course you want. That means there is no specific subject that is used for exclusion.
True, but exclusion rates at Griffith for this are so low that it is probably trivial.

umat2016

True, but exclusion rates at Griffith for this are so low that it is probably trivial.
Another issue is if I can finish the UQ MD in 6 years time because I should have some credits for my previous studies at Bond (3 subjects) during my Year 11 and Year 12 High school + semester overloading, what is you opinion then?

Mana

Registrar
Administrar
Another issue is if I can finish the UQ MD in 6 years time because I should have some credits for my previous studies at Bond (3 subjects) during my Year 11 and Year 12 High school + semester overloading, what is you opinion then?
This you would have to contact the UQ faculty of medicine about - I cannot advise whether they would accept this for the purposes of the UQ provisional offer. If they do, then by all means go for it.

truetryhard

I thought the interview for University of Melbourne Chancellor's Program was in the third year? Can you choose to do the MMI during the undergraduate application process, so you don't have to do it again later and are therefore guaranteed a spot? (provided GPA is high enough).

Also what is up with pagingdr.net... it won't ever send an account verification email

Ruffle

Admissions Helper
I thought the interview for University of Melbourne Chancellor's Program was in the third year? Can you choose to do the MMI during the undergraduate application process, so you don't have to do it again later and are therefore guaranteed a spot? (provided GPA is high enough).

Also what is up with pagingdr.net... it won't ever send an account verification email
Yes, you can now only do the interview during 3rd year. That's why it's such a big risk taking the Chancellor's pathway to get into UMelb med. :(

You need to sign up to pagingdr during work hours, have you tried that?

A1

Admissions Speculator
Do you know what the pass rate for the MMI is?
Adding to Ruffle's reply, you have to pass at least 5 out of 8 stations and achieve overall score 50%+. I have seen posted on MSO 2 or 3 (of the 99.90s not the 99s) failed in that particular year so pass rate was like 9 in 10.

truetryhard

So what happens if you don't pass? Can you reapply the next year, or use the undergraduate degree to apply to different graduate entry unis (but would need to wait until the next year to do the GAMSAT)?

Btw where are you getting this information from? On University of Melbourne's website all I could find was "Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholars are guaranteed a place into the graduate degree of their choice following successful completion of their undergraduate degree." and there is no mention of an MMI.

LMG!

Most Helpful Member and Staff Member of the Year 2017-2018
So what happens if you don't pass? Can you reapply the next year, or use the undergraduate degree to apply to different graduate entry unis (but would need to wait until the next year to do the GAMSAT)?

Btw where are you getting this information from? On University of Melbourne's website all I could find was "Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholars are guaranteed a place into the graduate degree of their choice following successful completion of their undergraduate degree." and there is no mention of an MMI.
Graduate course guarantees

Applicants interested in studying the Doctor of Medicine (MD) must pass an interview to be eligible for the guaranteed entry pathway. The interview is a threshold process designed to ensure that students who apply for the MD have adequate interpersonal and communication skills to successfully complete the course.

All students who commence their undergraduate degree at Melbourne after the 2016 intake will:

• need to complete the Multi-Mini Interview as part of the MD application process in the third year of their undergraduate degree; and
  • be required to pass on the first attempt any subject course pre-requisites taken at The University of Melbourne.
Students who fail to achieve this, will not be guaranteed entry to the course.