Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UCAT Results Discussion 2019

ucatboy

Valued Member
Questions...
How much time per week should I practice on UCAT questions?
Should I be mindful when choosing test locations and dates?
Is the screen calculator useful?
A close friend of mine failed to secure a place this year so I think I should investigate this thoroughly. :confused:
1. Depends on your workload and how well you manage your time, but for a busy Year 12, 20-30 minutes a day or every two days won't hurt, although if you do a practice exam that's a two hour commitment which you might wanna reserve for the weekends.

2. If there are multiple testing locations available, choose either the closest one to your house or the one which you will experience the least traffic jams getting there. I specifically avoided the one in the city for this very reason. As for time of day, I recommend doing it in the morning where you're the most alert and awake but not too early that you might have trouble making it on time. 9-10 AM is good.

3. Yes, some questions such as calculating the percentage x is of y or the volume of a solid can be done much faster on a calculator than in your head. Don't be overly reliant on it though, and always run the numbers it returns through your head to check if it makes sense and you didn't type something wrong.

Last edited:

Helmut

äaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
1. Depends on your workload and how well you manage your time, but for a busy Year 12, 20-30 minutes a day or every two days won't hurt, although if you do a practice exam that's a two hour commitment which you might wanna reserve for the weekends.
Yep, it’s very important to get into a rhythm with your practice. Eleanor Rigby Personally I did Medify questions most weeknights, and always did a MedEntry or Medify mock exam every Saturday morning (naturally with the exception of assessment periods). As it gets closer to your testing date, you might want to start doing your mock exams at the same time as you’ll be sitting the actual exam so you’re not thrown off on the actual day.

AB6yty

Lurker
Hi guys!

Just wondering what the chances are of getting an offer for Monash Medicine in the following rounds as I didn't manage to get one in the First Round. I got a 99.25, 99th percentile UCAT and felt the interview went alright (but hmm..).

Also, if I am unable to get a direct entry Monash offer, is the Melbourne or Monash biomed/graduate medicine course better?

Crow

Moderator Band 🦧

xyz1

Lurker
Mod note: answered

Applying for: Medicine
Application Type: Standard
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 99.90
UCAT Percentile Rank: 92
VR: 610
DM: 720
QR: 780
AR: 770
Total: 2880
SJ: 617
Current State:
WA
Applying to: UWA, Curtin, Monash, UQ, Melbourne
Rural Applicant: (no)
GWS Applicant: (no)
Indigenous Applicant: (no)
Other:
Specific Question:
Chances for interview at Monash? If I do manage to receive an interview around how strong would I have to perform (70+ %tile?) to be accepted, given that I'm an interstate applicant. Thanks :)
Just as a follow-up to this, I did not receive an interview offer (they came out 3-4 days ago) and did end up with a 99.90.