Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UoA Graduate Category Chat/Enquiry

Hey Guys, so I was looking for entry into medicine via post grad med and was wondering what degree some of you guys have chosen to do/did in your journey. For some background, I have done one year of biomed at UoA and any suggestions will be nice. I am not planning on doing physiology since mainly having to do MEDSCI 309/311 and was looking at pharmacology but sharing your guys journey might help me make a more clear decision. Thank You

I majored in Immunology and Microbiology and it was thoroughly enjoyable. They have a fantastic department who are always available to help, and would very much recommend it if you're unsure what else to do.

Hello everyone! This is urgent so if you know anything about it, please help me out!
I still haven't decided whether to go for graduate entry for med/dent but offers for health professional courses at UoA is due today.

I was wondering if its possible for me to accept my offer for optometry now and if I change my mind later on this week, I could accept my offer for biomedical science degree? Or is it NOT POSSIBLE to back out of optom after accepting the offer?

Thank you!!! - not sure if this is the right forum..

Hello everyone! This is urgent so if you know anything about it, please help me out!
I still haven't decided whether to go for graduate entry for med/dent but offers for health professional courses at UoA is due today.

I was wondering if its possible for me to accept my offer for optometry now and if I change my mind later on this week, I could accept my offer for biomedical science degree? Or is it NOT POSSIBLE to back out of optom after accepting the offer?

Thank you!!! - not sure if this is the right forum..

When to enrol - The University of Auckland

This is what I know, and if you swap/drop the courses by the 14th of Feb it should be fine and you won't get charged.

Has anyone on the waitlist for Auckland Med received an offer? Do second round offers come out like Otago or is it different?

I do believe they use the same process in terms of rounds of offers, but I am on the waitlist and have not heard anything if that helps. Im Guessing tommorow might be the day if they wanted to get them out this week.

Last edited:
Has anyone's VCA and Police compliance been completed? For those who have been offered back in december.
I'm getting quite worried since mine hasn't yet and there are just 5 days left till the deadline!!!

Has anyone's VCA and Police compliance been completed? For those who have been offered back in december.
I'm getting quite worried since mine hasn't yet and there are just 5 days left till the deadline!!!
I've just emailed them asking when the VCA compliance and police check should be finished. Which deadline do you mean?

I've just emailed them asking when the VCA compliance and police check should be finished. Which deadline do you mean?

If you check your application and click on the VCA and Police compliance in the "to do list", it says you need to meet these conditions by 15th of Jan (tomorrow)

If you check your application and click on the VCA and Police compliance in the "to do list", it says you need to meet these conditions by 15th of Jan (tomorrow)
Ahh right! We've done all we can now and are just waiting on the uni, so I'm sure it's fine. I'll update you all once they've replied to my email though

Hi, does anybody have any information on the CAPSTONE PROJECT in third year bsci courses? Im thinking of going for dent graduate entry in 2021 (2nd year biomedical science in 2019) and am unsure+nervous about the project - e.g how its gonna be marked and ive never done any projects or mini-seminars so Im worried it'll take up alot of my study time for other papers.... :(

Hi, does anybody have any information on the CAPSTONE PROJECT in third year bsci courses? Im thinking of going for dent graduate entry in 2021 (2nd year biomedical science in 2019) and am unsure+nervous about the project - e.g how its gonna be marked and ive never done any projects or mini-seminars so Im worried it'll take up alot of my study time for other papers.... :(

Are you at UQ?

Hi, for an Australian citizen with a completed bachelors wanting to apply to med at UoA. Can they only apply in the graduate category? Also what would the entry requirements be ? I have looked at the website for this, but I find it pretty confusing.
Thanks a lot!

Hi, for an Australian citizen with a completed bachelors wanting to apply to med at UoA. Can they only apply in the graduate category? Also what would the entry requirements be ? I have looked at the website for this, but I find it pretty confusing.
Thanks a lot!

From what I've heard from other students, it seems you can choose whether you want to pursue the graduate or first year entry, although I don't think it will make much difference. If you want to apply via the FY path, you would have to take an additional year by completing the first year courses at UoA to the specific requirements. Since you have already finished a degree, you could just go straight for the graduate path. If your degree was within medical/heath sciences, you won't have trouble getting up to speed so just apply for graduate entry. I think it also depends on how many years it has been since you graduated as to whether you are considered "grad" or "supergrad". At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter: the interview is the big decider of who gets in, no one is worried about what your previous degree was, and you still have the same number of attempts as everyone else, even if you only apply with graduate entry :)

Back