UTAS MBBS Applicants: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Tasmania' started by LMG!, Sep 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ammiecat

Ammiecat New Member

I got my offer today guys see you in 2019!

squashed, LMG!, GreenGrapes and 2 others like this.
  2. LMG!

LMG! UTAS MBBS Most Helpful Member and Staff Member of the Year 2017-2018

Clinical Psychologist
    Congrats! Last we heard, you were still waiting to hear if you got an interview, so that moved fast! Woot! How was the interview process?

If you have any questions, let me know!

Congrats again!!!

Ammiecat likes this.
  3. Ammiecat

Ammiecat New Member

Thanks lovely! Yeah, I have previously gone in and had a yarn with the Aboriginal staff, That must have counted without me realising. I have built a good relationship there which I am very grateful for :)

They must have been waiting for my results! I got really excellent marks this year.

Needless to say, I was crying hysterically and shaking when I found out, this is very much a personal dream come true. I am looking forward to starting, learning and making new friends!

I hope everybody else who is waiting on their offer gets one soon and we can all be first years together :)

Austin, Bbbeb, LMG! and 1 other person like this.
  4. Bbbeb

Bbbeb New Member

Congratulations! Exciting stuff

Ammiecat likes this.
  5. brik

brik New Member

Does UTAS require minimum scores in each section in UMAT or do they look at the overall score?

6. Nkap

Nkap New Member

Student
    You need at least a minimum score of 150 to be considered, no minimum scores for each section. However, a competitive UMAT score differs depending on whether your local, rural or interstate.

7. brik

brik New Member

Great ! Thank you

Nkap likes this.
  8. spicspec

spicspec New Member

Bonded places are also CSP, if you want to know whether your place is bonded or not, just go to the course you've been offered in your application and if it doesn't say (bonded) at the end then you've received an unbonded place.

9. spicspec

spicspec New Member

Does anyone know roughly how many applications UTas receives? I'm assuming it would be quite high given that it's one of very few places (if not the only place) that lets you immediately enter medicine without an interview.

10. armadeado

armadeado New Member

If I may beg clarification... UTas offers M3N004 Unbonded and M3N003 Bonded. The course offered to me is simply listed as M3N, hence my confusion. Is there something I should be looking at that I've missed?

11. spicspec

spicspec New Member

Lmao gonna be a pain to attach a pic on mobile but go to the actual page you accepted your offer from.
    https://apply2019.utas.edu.au/ApplicationManagement/ApplicationManagementDashBoard

And if you got an unbonded offer, your accept button will be on that course in your list.
    Imgur

pokimaneee likes this.
  12. armadeado

armadeado New Member

I see! Thanks so much, I see where I went wrong now. Forgot to apply for Bonded entirely (thought it was all under the one course/application, as some unis do. Don't know where my brain went :rolleyes:) . Again, thanks for your answer!

13. spicspec

spicspec New Member

Close call lmao.

14. Nkap

Nkap New Member

Student
    Can someone please explain how you apply for bonded? It is not showing up for me, only the normal MBBS course is.

15. 2302

2302 New Member

You might be too late I think since offers have come out already. The way to do it is go to course preferences and find medicine - there should be 2 there (one bonded and one not) so you can put both on your preferences. This way you are considered for both of them.

GreenGrapes likes this.
  16. Nycryte

Nycryte UTAS MBBS minus I

I got a call from utas on the 30th of October asking if I was still intending to study med in February (I had a deferred offer) and I haven't anything since then. Should I start worrying?

17. LMG!

Clinical Psychologist
    Nope, I wouldn’t think so. I’d think a more proactive thing than worrying would be to give them a call.

In other news, everyone, Ammiecat let me know that there are about 25 students who have been added to the class list for 2019. So still a long way to go towards that 120. I don’t think the acceptance deadline has passed yet, so the number is likely on the very low side, but interesting nonetheless.

Ammiecat likes this.
  18. LMG!

Clinical Psychologist
    This is my post from exactly 12 months ago to the day. At this point last year, 50/120 students were appearing on the 2018 class list. Ammiecat has just confirmed that it still sits at 25/120 this year, despite much more offers being reported here to MSO.

Anyone with a current offer, can you please remind me what date you’ve been given to accept and enrol by?

19. Ammiecat

Ammiecat New Member

Might even pay to have someone else who is fully enrolled to check. Because my enrollment is conditional depending on if I pass chemistry over summer, perhaps my access is stunted so far somehow?

LMG! likes this.
  20. yummo11

yummo11 New Member

It says I have to accept by the 18th and enrol by the 23rd of January fyi

LMG! and Ammiecat like this.