Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

[Grad] What GPA and GASMAT for flinders med?

lachii

I am a Flinders Medical Science student, and Im seeking to enter the flinders university Doctor of medicine. My current GPA (with a few units left to complete) is around 6.78. Is this GPA adequate? And What sort of Gamsat will i require to be very competitive?
Thanks heaps! :):)

labiba

Lurker
Hi Lachii,

I was wondering have you completed the GAMSAT yet? If you have, how hard do you think it would be get to get above the cut off (around 59-61)?

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
I am a Flinders Medical Science student, and Im seeking to enter the flinders university Doctor of medicine. My current GPA (with a few units left to complete) is around 6.78. Is this GPA adequate? And What sort of Gamsat will i require to be very competitive?
Thanks heaps! :):)
Sign up for pagingdr and look at the offers threads there. This will give you a fair idea of the GAMSAT score you require with your GPA.
how hard do you think it would be get to get above the cut off (around 59-61)?
Not sure where you got this cutoff, as the cutoff for you will depend on your GPA. It is difficult to say how hard it would be for you to score 59-61, as GAMSAT is largely a reasoning based test and requires a certain "way of thinking" for you to do well. For the record, 61 is approximately 60th percentile, i.e. 40% of people who sit GAMSAT score equal to or above a 61.

labiba

Lurker
Sign up for pagingdr and look at the offers threads there. This will give you a fair idea of the GAMSAT score you require with your GPA.

Not sure where you got this cutoff, as the cutoff for you will depend on your GPA. It is difficult to say how hard it would be for you to score 59-61, as GAMSAT is largely a reasoning based test and requires a certain "way of thinking" for you to do well. For the record, 61 is approximately 60th percentile, i.e. 40% of people who sit GAMSAT score equal to or above a 61.
Hi,

Thank you for your help,

I go this cut off score from the flinders postgraduate medical course. Apparantly on the page, it said last year's gamsat cut off was 59.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Hi,

Thank you for your help,

I go this cut off score from the flinders postgraduate medical course. Apparantly on the page, it said last year's gamsat cut off was 59.
In that case, that would mean 59 was the lowest GAMSAT score that someone successful in gaining a place offer had (I'm guessing this was non-rural though, rural candidates would have had a lower cutoff). I would guess this person had a near perfect GPA and an excellent interview to offset their GAMSAT score, so if this isn't the position you are in, you will likely need a higher GAMSAT than this to secure a place offer. Best of luck.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads