Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

CSU Interview Offers for 2013 Entry

zacyboy

its apparent now that all of us that havent received an offer will receive the rejection email as the letter sent to all the successful applicants tells them to contact the uni from monday to wednesday. they obviously wouldn't leave it that late, (monday) to let someone know that they had been successful

mighty

[MENTION=14626]duongducminh69[/MENTION]: interview prep can be done in a number of ways. Familiarising oneself with common questions or thinking of some anecdotes is generally how I would recommend preparing for an interview. I am not an advocate of memorising answers word for word but perhaps preparing some general points to talk about would be beneficial. There's a fantastic article on preparing for interviews written by Season, found here: Prepare me for interviews! - Med Students Online

miracle

Congratulations to everyone who received an interview offer! You guys must be glad the hard work paid off!

I unfortunately did not receive an offer and am very disappointed as I really really wanted to do the csu dental science course and I was extremely heart broken throughout the weekend.

I've definitely gotten over the crying and I will try out for this course again and again until I get it. For those who are in the same situation as me, don't give up! Hopefully we will get in next year!

Thank you very much Hutcherson and Mighty and Miss Universe for always answering questions for us. You guys will definitely make wonderful health professionals!

All the best everyone!

Last edited:

Omm

BDSc BSc(HONS) PGradDip Ortho (UK)
[MENTION=16967]evolution[/MENTION] been there done that (upset about rejection). The funny thing is I wrote exactly the same (a page less this year) in the written application and got rejected. Just do well at uni next year and you'll get the chance.

Hutcherson

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
To those who did not receive interview offers this year please do not give up. If dentistry is really what you want to do then keep trying. Maybe do a year of uni and aim for a high GPA, or take a gap year and do more work experience. That one extra year will give you a greater insight into dentistry and make you realize whether this is really what you want. I didn't stop trying and I didn't get in until my second time around and here I am starting my third year of dentistry this Feb. And when I look back, I am so glad I did not give up even though people around me were telling me don't bother. I know the dispapointment is hard to deal with but with determination you can do it. Make your dreams, more than dreams ~

lilflower

sigh!

S
its apparent now that all of us that havent received an offer will receive the rejection email as the letter sent to all the successful applicants tells them to contact the uni from monday to wednesday. they obviously wouldn't leave it that late, (monday) to let someone know that they had been successful

yup, got the rejection letter just then, i don't get how a GPA of 6.25 got rejected... looks like gotta try again next year!

Oh :( Now that certainly means that my application didn't get there in time even though 'tracking' said it 'did'... I haven't received the rejection email yet. The devastation... the hard efforts put into the application wasted... :(

@duongducminh69 : interview prep can be done in a number of ways. Familiarising oneself with common questions or thinking of some anecdotes is generally how I would recommend preparing for an interview. I am not an advocate of memorising answers word for word but perhaps preparing some general points to talk about would be beneficial. There's a fantastic article on preparing for interviews written by Season, found here: Prepare me for interviews! - Med Students Online

Thanks mighty!

Havox

Sword and Martini Guy!
Emeritus Staff
Oh :( Now that certainly means that my application didn't get there in time even though 'tracking' said it 'did'... I haven't received the rejection email yet. The devastation... the hard efforts put into the application wasted... :(

Call the University and ask about when they received it. If it was late, give them your tracking details.

ellejay

What a great Monday - a rejection email from CSU. Now I only have JCU to pin my hopes on, otherwise it is a year of pharmacy and trying for 2014 entry for me.

lilflower

Oh, wow wasted a whole year? i guess we gotta try again next year for Charles sturt dentistry!
what do they really look at? i am sure my GPA was high enough to make me competitive (GPA of 6.25) :(

ellejay

No, I was taking a gap year regardless so that I could travel across Europe. Year well spent :)

I have no idea what makes you competitive with CSU, I thought it was mostly your application, but hey I thought I wrote a really good app so either it wasn't so good or my 90-91 atar wasn't good enough. But with your good gpa it means that academics can't be too important. Maybe it is mostly the amount of work experience you do, how much did you do?

Are you applying at any other unis?

What a great Monday - a rejection email from CSU. Now I only have JCU to pin my hopes on, otherwise it is a year of pharmacy and trying for 2014 entry for me.
Me too, at least i got sonography to look forward too and my pathetic nursing skills to fall back on. lol probably try improving my gpa and do gamsat. Fail whale.

Oh, wow wasted a whole year? i guess we gotta try again next year for Charles sturt dentistry!
what do they really look at? i am sure my GPA was high enough to make me competitive (GPA of 6.25) :(
Your GPA killed it Distinction Averages. Undergrad med/dent/optom is competitive as seeing that 20k HS students graduate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too, at least i got sonography to look forward too and my pathetic nursing skills to fall back on. lol probably try improving my gpa and do gamsat. Fail whale.

Your GPA killed it Distinction Averages. Undergrad med/dent/optom is competitive as seeing that 20k HS students graduate.

Killed it as in really good or not good enough?