Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

First Year (FY) BHSc/BSC 2016 Chat/Enquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i ask you, did you receive results on other subjects? only asking because i haven't received any as yet. Its really strange.

Did you do BHSc? If you are in biomed you certainly should have got your 106 marks back. For the purposes of the interview they assign an interim grade of A+ for Medsci, so that is why interviews can start this early despite marks not being out yet. That sucks that you haven't received an offer, I have heard that there are some others who haven't received any interview offers or rejections yet either. Maybe the lack of a rejection letter is because they might send out some late interview offers if other people pull out?

I did BIOMED but only got my BIO mark back. The result is B. I did not receive any other results. It just says pending. Very weird indeed. But I am under the MAPAS category so i do not know what is going on ??????
My application of submission for the med entry interview still says pending. I did not receive rejected or declined. It still says pending. That is strange. I have lost hope and i do believe that the med department send decline posts in batches. Maybe that is why i do not have a reply back as others do at present.

May i also say the same as Robbieg93 BEST OF LUCK in your interviews. GOD BLESS ! Stay focused !!
Wish i was there but hey that is life. sob sob sob.......

Chrisi...did you call and checked with Uni...I say you should do....check if you have applied on right dates....
I know MAPA's interview starts mid of Dec. Maybe when Medsci result is out then there will be few for interview offers will come out. So don't lose hope.

Chrisi...did you call and checked with Uni...I say you should do....check if you have applied on right dates....
I know MAPA's interview starts mid of Dec. Maybe when Medsci result is out then there will be few for interview offers will come out. So don't lose hope.

Hi @catty ,

How do you know if MAPA interviews are in mid December? My understanding is that they take place at the same time as the other applicants. The offers should be released just after mid December anyways.

Thank you.

Hi Catty
I called them & they said to check my email and student log in. Yes you are correct the MAPAS interviews are in December but we still have to attend the standard interview at fist just as everyone else. So i would have to attend 2 interviews. The first being in November (being today so to speak) and the next in December. Its a lot more intense and much harder as we have to attend 2 interviews. I think this is what MAPAS students have to do ?? Im sure. It would be great if i was wrong. lol

Sametime as us. She is not doing Nursing...she said she has applied for Medicine Only.

I never said nor implied your friend applied for BNurs. I was saying that MAPA applicants for MBChB may have the interviews at the same time as those who applied for BNurs (for MAPAS). 12 - 16 December MAPAS interview for CertHSc, BHSc, BNurs.

If your friend who is a MAPAS applicant who has the interview on 14th and assuming that the last one would be on 16th. Shouldn't @chrisi have received their offer by now? (Just thinking...)

Cheers,

You right Stuart but never know....if you don't receive rejection and acceptance....it just makes you wonder what's happening,

You right Stuart but never know....if you don't receive rejection and acceptance....it just makes you wonder what's happening,

Yeah. It would be good to get some closure but argh who knows what they are doing... Time will tell.

G'day all,

All the best for those of you who have interviews for Medicine this year.

Now I've gotten a few things straightened out and a bit more coin in the bank I'll be returning to uni for FY in 2017.

Speaking of coin, if anybody wants a little bit over the summer I'm willing to part with a bit for some CHEM110 up-to-speed-getting.

And before anybody asks; yes I am "retaking" FY but no, you cannot try this at home. I got a late deletion halfway through the first semester.

ALOT of misinformation here re MAPAS. I am a MAPAS student and received an offer for interview. It is true that we have two interviews but we have them on the SAME day, the MAPAS one straight after the general. Also unless under very very special circumstances all MAPAS students have their interviews on either the 24th or 25th of NOVEMBER, not December. Check the webpage. Māori and Pacific Admission Scheme - The University of Auckland

The other MAPAS interviews (called 'MAPAS General Interviews', that do extend into December) are for getting into Biomed / BHSc / CertHSc etc. in the first place.

ALOT of misinformation here re MAPAS. I am a MAPAS student and received an offer for interview. It is true that we have two interviews but we have them on the SAME day, the MAPAS one straight after the general. Also unless under very very special circumstances all MAPAS students have their interviews on either the 24th or 25th of NOVEMBER, not December. Check the webpage. Māori and Pacific Admission Scheme - The University of Auckland

The other MAPAS interviews (called 'MAPAS General Interviews', that do extend into December) are for getting into Biomed / BHSc / CertHSc etc. in the first place.

That's what I thought too. Thank you for the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back