Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

2018 Graduate Category Scores & Offers Thread

Hyperbion

Hi everyone;
I just got accepted into Otago Medical School with a GPA of 8.21. I've turned down the offer, because I was accepted into Auckland earlier and am better organized to go there. So, one of you with a GPA of 8.2 will be getting an offer real soon!

Hyperbion

Hi everyone;
I just got accepted into Otago Medical School with a GPA of 8.21. I've turned down the offer, because I was accepted into Auckland earlier and am better organized to go there. So, one of you with a GPA of 8.2 will be getting an offer real soon!
(Cheeky addition: I'm not Rural or MAPAS or any other kind of alternative entry category; so that 8.2 offer will be going to someone in the normal entry pathway.)

unspecified

For those of you still anxiously waiting, another spot opened up this morning. I had to turn mine down so hopefully someone else on the list got a call!

Was there a date when the waitlist closed last year? I know its bloody late now lmao but top 5 (though by my estimates should be nearer 1st/2nd spot) and still waiting just wanting to know whether I should bother worrying about it at this stage

Verdigris

constantly suffering
I got my official rejection a few hours ago.
It's been a ride, these past three years. I'm really sad. I'm gonna try again. I guess we'll see what happens.

Yea its rough, defs has been one hell of a ride but I do feel the better for having gone through all this.
Here's to 2020, suuuuurely 3rd times the charm and if not we can just cross that bridge when we come to it.

AnthonyIsMyName

I got in with 8.02
Hey Verd. I'm quite conflicted as to if I would be able to get a high RS like you and the others here after postgrad if I only average at around B+ for my first year?

I've heard that the first year isn't counted very high for postgrad entry from BbiomedSc but still. How did you do in your first year if you wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks!

P.S Congrats on getting in Dent! :D

Verdigris

constantly suffering
Hi AnthonyIsMyName
I had a low A- average in my first year for the seven papers that count for graduate entry. I am not sure about how the new system works, but your 100-level papers are worth the least. It is perfectly possible to recover from a first year that didn't go ideally, but it is difficult. I did, however, do best in my third and final year of study in my Bachelor's degree.
Dentistry has the interview as a confounder, and I've definitely found graduate-entry applicants do better in the interview than HSFYs.
Are you still in your first year now?
Thank you! I was pleased I was accepted, but ended up declining the offer in the end to retry for med :)