Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

2018 Graduate Category Scores & Offers Thread

Fili

Dentist 🦷
The thing is graduate entry into dent probably isn't as black and white as passing UMAT/UCAT thresholds and the interview and getting above the gpa cutoff. Throughout the years, there's been many cases where people get waitlisted for dent but get straight into med etc and some have speculated that the interview must be more than just a pass/fail component since them being in the dent waitlist must mean they didn't just fail the interview.

Verdigris

baby doctor
Silliest Member 2019
Filifalcon is right, there is more to the interview than just a pass/fail system - your answers are graded, I think on a scale of 1-5, by both of your examiners. I don't know where I was re: the waitlist because I didn't get any ranking until my final mark (for a pre-Christmas summer school paper) came back, which was a few days before I got my offers and waitlisting for medicine.
I'll reiterate what I said earlier, and what I'm trying to remind myself - there's no point, really, in trying to figure out where you are on the waitlist, how far down the waitlist has gone so far, etc. etc. At the end of the day, you've done everything you can - you've worked hard, you've studied, you've sat your exams and your UMAT. You have a score, you're on a list of potentials. Each one of us is either gonna get accepted or rejected - just wait for it to happen. Obsessing over ranks isn't gonna do anything :p
Of course, I myself am struggling with this, but do as I say, not as I do :p

Ccccmm123

The thing is graduate entry into dent probably isn't as black and white as passing UMAT/UCAT thresholds and the interview and getting above the gpa cutoff. Throughout the years, there's been many cases where people get waitlisted for dent but get straight into med etc and some have speculated that the interview must be more than just a pass/fail component since them being in the dent waitlist must mean they didn't just fail the interview.

I agree with the interview part. Did you apply for dent or auck med as well? Where abouts u sitting with the gpa?

poppur

Lurker
Anyone with gpa lower than 7 got into med or dent via rural subcategory?

Last edited by a moderator: