Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Bond Medicine: General Discussion

Since JCU second round offers are this Friday and applications close for Bond med this Thursday, when should I move Bond to my first preference? If it's in my second preference by the time applications close would that affect my chances?

Since JCU second round offers are this Friday and applications close for Bond med this Thursday, when should I move Bond to my first preference? If it's in my second preference by the time applications close would that affect my chances?
Bond 1st preference, JCU 2nd, you won't miss out either.

Hi all
I'll be applying as a university graduate using my GPA. The prerequisites outlined on the website are a bit confusing, can anyone let me know if these apply to grad entrants or not? (The whole chem/maths/physics thing). Thanks !

Bond 1st preference, JCU 2nd, you won't miss out either.

I missed out on a second round offer last year after putting Bond as my top preference before the second offer round. Called QTAC and they said they won't consider lower preferences with an earlier offer round if you have Bond at the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed out on a second round offer last year after putting Bond as my top preference before the second offer round. Called QTAC and they said they won't consider lower preferences with an earlier offer round if you have Bond at the top.
Do Bond still consider you if you put Bond as second preference?

Hey guys, I am applying as an undergrad and have been told my selection rank calculated from my GPA is 96. What are my chances of getting a psychometric test invite?

Reactions: nb

Hey guys, I am applying as an undergrad and have been told my selection rank calculated from my GPA is 96. What are my chances of getting a psychometric test invite?
The lowest ATAR given by Bond is 96 to be considered for the test invite. However, from last years data, you'd probably need 97+ to be safe. You technically have a chance, but with the ATAR being on the exact borderline value, I'd say the chance is minimal.

The lowest ATAR given by Bond is 96 to be considered for the test invite. However, from last years data, you'd probably need 97+ to be safe. You technically have a chance, but with the ATAR being on the exact borderline value, I'd say the chance is minimal.
Thanks for your reply! Yeah I did see that the minimum ATAR is 96. Do you think since I've completed 2+ years of my degree that has any greater influence?

Hi ,My ATAR is 99.6 ,What are my chances to get medicine admission offer in Bond ? or is it mainly based on performance in interview?

Hi ,My ATAR is 99.6 ,What are my chances to get medicine admission offer in Bond ? or is it mainly based on performance in interview?
You'll get a psychometric test invite for sure, if you place in the top 50% for that you'll be invited to attend an interview. If you're in the top 50% of interviewees, only then will you get an offer.

Hi guys, I'm applying to bond as a graduate student (also sitting GAMSAT). Was wondering what the chances of getting an invite with a first class honours degree? Do bond calculate the GPA as an automatic 7 like some other unis? Cheers in advance for any info anyone has.

Gonna do a reply to myself - just spoke with QTAC and they said my rank was 97.5 after calculating my GPA. Is this competitive for an invite to psychometric testing?
"In previous years ppl with 96.5+ got the invite for the test, so you should be good to go. But this year everything is changing and cut-offs are dramatically increasing for all uni's so I wouldn't say anything is guaranteed." - nb

Hey guys,
I've heard that Bond uses Revelian to conduct the psychometric test, but when I went to the Bond Website (Medical Program* frequently asked questions), under one of the questions, it provides a link for the langleygroup. I did some research into the langleygroup and they do psychometric tests as well and even for Bond... Do you think that Bond changed its provider this year!? 🧐 Bond Medicine: General Discussion

It looks like Bond did change their provider this year cause the langley group website has a page that specifically says Bond Medical Program 2021.
Seems like its still the same tests though (msceit and 16pf)

my guess is that the ATAR for a psychometric test invite will probably increase slightly since this year unis like Monash gave some interviews just based on ucat which could of allowed people with lower ATAR's to secure a spot. hence more high ATAR applicants might have missed out and are applying to bond. could be completely wrong tho :p

Back