Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Flinders Flinders Medicine: Provisional Entry General Discussion

hello everyone,
i phoned up flinders today and was told that im in the top 100 on the waiting list for med.
can i expect to get an offer in future offer rounds or is there no chance?

hello everyone,
i phoned up flinders today and was told that im in the top 100 on the waiting list for med.
can i expect to get an offer in future offer rounds or is there no chance?
Depends, does top 100 = 10th or 100th? If 100th I would say the chances are essentially zilch, which unfortunately I'd think is more likely if they said "top 100".

Best wishes with your applications regardless.

Depends, does top 100 = 10th or 100th? If 100th I would say the chances are essentially zilch, which unfortunately I'd think is more likely if they said "top 100".

Best wishes with your applications regardless.
thank you for your reply.
i called again and was told i am between 50th and 60th on the list. is there any chance?

thank you for your reply.
i called again and was told i am between 50th and 60th on the list. is there any chance?
I still think it very unlikely. There’s always a chance, I guess.

I’d have my back-up plan in place and be expecting that to be reality if I were you.

Last year people were at the same position/lower on the list than you with 80/low 90 percentile ucat… you are so lucky wow. Flinders must be much less competitive this year.
Perhaps, this may be because of NSW and IB results not being out yet? And therefore, IB or NSW students are not considered in this waitlist.

Perhaps, this may be because of NSW and IB results not being out yet? And therefore, IB or NSW students are not considered in this waitlist.
i called flinders and asked about this earlier today and they said they already have NSW atars and therefore this wouldn't impact but not sure about ib

wait wtf how do they have NSW atars

i think they meant that they have a quota for NSW students already

On SATAC, is everyone's status for Flinders med 'Eligible for consideration' or 'awaiting results'? For me, it's still the former..

On SATAC, is everyone's status for Flinders med 'Eligible for consideration' or 'awaiting results'? For me, it's still the former..
Mine also says eligible for consideration. This is normal - it means satac has your year 12 results and ucat so you are eligible for flinders. Awaiting results mean they are still waiting for your year 12 results, which is what mine used to say before. So dw!

Mine also says eligible for consideration. This is normal - it means satac has your year 12 results and ucat so you are eligible for flinders. Awaiting results mean they are still waiting for your year 12 results, which is what mine used to say before. So dw!
Thanks – yeah unfortunately it now says 'Not Eligible' :(

Hello all
I've got an offer for Bachelor of Clinical Sciences/Doctor of Medicine at Flinders University. I have till 10th Jan to respond. This was my third preference after Adelaide med. I don’t know how SATAC works so I was wondering if I accept this offer, will I be still considered for my higher preferences? Also why next my Adelaide med it says "Not Eligible"? Thanks in advance.

Back