Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

General Interview Discussion 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Update on Monash Interview for Direct entry and Graduate entry pathways.

I had a call from Monash and A1 is right. They have confirmed that both these applications are different and the interview contents are different as well. Therefore, all graduate applicants do the MMI in the third year along with SJT regardless of whether they did MMI as a direct entry applicant. Hope I'm making sense here.

That's a relief and I have decided to keep Monash Biomed as my third preference.

Perfect! Thank you so much for this update.

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping to receive an offer for JMP on Jan 11th. Will I just check UAC offers at 7:30 am? Just wondering if I can expect a text or anything like that

Thanks

Smelly Boy

I can be ur angle 😇 or ur devil 😈
Valued Member
Hi everyone!

I'm hoping to receive an offer for JMP on Jan 11th. Will I just check UAC offers at 7:30 am? Just wondering if I can expect a text or anything like that

Thanks
The night before people usually get some sort of congratulation email from UAC letting them know they have an offer (this could mean that you’ve got a non-medical offer too so if you have non-Med preferences this is something to watch out for).

I THINK you can also log onto here (Oracle PeopleSoft Sign-in) a day or two earlier & find out ;) by logging in using your UAC number as username & date of birth (ddmm format) as your password. A few people (so I’ve heard off another member) did this last year & found out a day earlier

BethMark25

WSU MBBS II
Hi everyone!

Thanks
As Smelly Boy said you can get an email earlier. Last year I received an offer (in an earlier round) and I got an email at something like 12:45am to say I had an offer, but it didn't list any details regarding which course it was for and I still couldn't log into UAC until 7:30am.
Good luck!

australia

With a relatively low ATAR and UMAT of 99.35 and 95% respectively, how well would I have had to do in my UNSW interview to be offered a place?? (i.e. extremely good, good etc.)

For Monash and UNSW interviews (also other universities) did you all get to keep the written scenario questions in front of you ? (as you sat in front of the interviewers and answered their questions)

Numerouno

The night before people usually get some sort of congratulation email from UAC letting them know they have an offer (this could mean that you’ve got a non-medical offer too so if you have non-Med preferences this is something to watch out for).

I THINK you can also log onto here (Oracle PeopleSoft Sign-in) a day or two earlier & find out ;) by logging in using your UAC number as username & date of birth (ddmm format) as your password. A few people (so I’ve heard off another member) did this last year & found out a day earlier
Thanks a lot for this info. The link took me to a familiar site that I used to for the four tertiary units I completed through my school. myhub still works when I used my student number and old password. But it tells only the academics and enrolments details and the grades. I could access my transcript for the four subjects (40 units). I am not sure if UON may post the results of JMP on this myhub site as it is for students who have enrolled into the course (if I am correct). I was a nonaward GAT Student from year 8 to year 11 and used myhub for enrolment, scholarships, payment of fees and grades. But if the results are going to be posted on this site, a day earlier that’s welcome. Thanks for your information.

Smelly Boy

Valued Member
Thanks a lot for this info. The link took me to a familiar site that I used to for the four tertiary units I completed through my school. myhub still works when I used my student number and old password. But it tells only the academics and enrolments details and the grades. I could access my transcript for the four subjects (40 units). I am not sure if UON may post the results of JMP on this myhub site as it is for students who have enrolled into the course (if I am correct). I was a nonaward GAT Student from year 8 to year 11 and used myhub for enrolment, scholarships, payment of fees and grades. But if the results are going to be posted on this site, a day earlier that’s welcome. Thanks for your information.
For SOME successful candidates there MAY be an indication if you’re in a day or two earlier by using the website. If you go to last year’s offer thread on page 7 (I think there’s someone who posted something about seeing the result a bit earlier using myhub)

Is there something like that for WSU as well? :-0
If you’re a current student there you MIGHT be able to check. If it isn’t there it doesn’t mean you didn’t make it because it’s suaully all released through UAC.

Again with all these things don’t look too much into it. It’s only for SOME people. Results come out a day or so after so it’s not a huge wait. We’ve been waiting so long already I’m sure we can do another day without losing all our marbles.

That being said, I’ve refreshed this page at work about 50 times today :D

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Moderator Note

As with the Quick Questions thread, unless you’re posting NEW information about early accessing of offers, further one line posts on this topic will be edited/deleted to prevent thread clogging and panic.

Thanks everyone, and best of luck.

Rupert

Just Checking my chances at Monash/Adelaide/NSW/UNSW/Flinders
GOT my GCE A Levels Results today.. A* A* A* A (Chem/Bio/Physics/Maths)
Also got "A" English @AS level

Already done Interview at Adelaide.

O

OptimistPrime

Out of curiosity, did anyone who got an offer/rejection feel that it didn't match their interview performance? I feel like I aced the WSU interview (no offer) and bombed the JMP interview (bonded New England offer..)

Smelly Boy

Valued Member
Out of curiosity, did anyone who got an offer/rejection feel that it didn't match their interview performance? I feel like I aced the WSU interview (no offer) and bombed the JMP interview (bonded New England offer..)
Felt like I did pretty good for JMP but no offer. Wooooppssss

BethMark25

WSU MBBS II

I imagine this happens a lot, and there are probably a few reasons.
1. It's not only how YOU perform, but how you perform in comparison to the other interviewees.
2. It can be hard to gauge how well you perform since you don't know exactly what they're looking for at each station. You may have felt like you gave the "right" answer at WSU but actually missed some of the major points they were marking based on.
Our opinion of our own performance is very subjective.

Last year I wasn't confident on a WSU offer, I didn't feel like I bombed it but I felt like I missed the mark - I ended up with an unbonded offer.
In any case congrats on your UNE offer :)

Svbsdr

Lurker
Just now spoke to Ms.Zara Cupina at UNSW medicine. Interview offers for interstate and overseas applicants will be sent out around 3.00 pm today. She is being bombarded with phone calls since today morning. So let us be considerate to her and give her some peace of mind to do her job. Best wishes to all waiting for the offer.

weebuforreal

stats noob and a definite weaboo
Hi,
I was just wondering how people who applied for EAS on here found out how many bonus points they got from UAC or universities?

Status
Not open for further replies.