Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Interview Invites and Dates 2018-19

A1

Admissions Speculator
L2568 kangarude or anyone else who got an interstate Unsw interview invite

Could you please send me a copy of the email that said the cut off is 98.2 & a 60 UMAT? I need it urgently because I should have received an interview and have put a complaint in a few weeks ago
Not trying to deter you, I like to say this to help circumvent any further disappointment. From Mr Boothey's recent advice I now believe these two numbers are *individual* cutoffs not combo i.e. either one below would be excluded but both above is not necessarily sufficient for an invite, you also need to meet the combo cutoff.

It still leaves the question why a poster with IB40 (~98.3) & 181 got a round 2 invite, maybe they have EAS?

Crow

Moderator Band
Nope the receptionist double checked and all offers were released yesterday. Would've seriously thought my scores were enough to get an interview.
Sorry to hear that. The scores required for an interview for interstate applicants do seem very high this year. It's a huge shame how Monash operates, but I guess there's nothing you can do about it now other than focus on choosing between your other offers. Good luck with your decision.

Smelly Boy

Fourth time’s the charm
It still leaves the question why a poster with IB40 (~98.3) & 181 got a round 2 invite, maybe they have EAS?
This is precisely why I’m doing this. Besides, a 97.00 ATAR & 174 UMAT got an interview with EAS due to school location so that’s my main issue

kangarude

L2568 kangarude or anyone else who got an interstate Unsw interview invite

Could you please send me a copy of the email that said the cut off is 98.2 & a 60 UMAT? I need it urgently because I should have received an interview and have put a complaint in a few weeks ago
Hey i don’t want to send you the actual email because it has my name on it but i’m happy to send screenshots of the relevant bits if you would like?

Smelly Boy

Fourth time’s the charm
Hey i don’t want to send you the actual email because it has my name on it but i’m happy to send screenshots of the relevant bits if you would like?
That’s so much kanga

I’ve already got screenshots of another friend of mine so no need to worry. I’ve deleted the original post asking for screenshots a few mins ago :)

Thanks again

LMG!

Admodistrator
Surely that's not fair though - are they allowed to discriminate purely based on the state that you live in?
A number of Universities do this: UTAS, WSU, etc. I'm not sure what Monash's rationale is, but for UTAS and WSU it's about training future doctors likely to work in the local area. A number of other Universities, nation-wide, have preferencing systems that benefit their own students over students from other institutions (and therefore, states).

Logic

Medical Student
Silliest Member 2018
I've currently emailed the monash admissions team about the cut off, and mentioned that "a friend of mine" got lower/equal scores than me and was accepted into the degree, so surely I should've gotten an invite at least? - do you think me kind of calling them out might get me an invite, if they can't do it but do it anyway?
You can try but I doubt it would achieve much. If they give you an interview they’d need to give interviews to a huge number of interstaters who missed out for not being from Vic.

Last edited:

Hospital smells

You can try but I doubt it would achieve much. If they give you .?
I've currently emailed the monash admissions team about the cut off, and mentioned that "a friend of mine" got lower/equal scores than me and was accepted into the degree, so surely I should've gotten an invite at least? - do you think me kind of calling them out might get me an invite, if they can't do it but do it anyway?
I know someone interstate who also didn’t get a Monash interview invite with 99.35 and 180 umat and no adjustments . It def seems the interstate cutoff is FAR above the Victorian one and unfair that they mustn’t even look at interstate applications until they’ve processed the locals... is this policy? Or is this perhaps an oversight mistake.?

Crow

Moderator Band
is this policy? Or is this perhaps an oversight mistake.?
It’s definitely not a mistake, it happens every year. Monash have a large bias towards their own locals and by extension their own graduates for graduate entry - unfortunately that’s how they choose to operate.

lolyeahxoxo

Hi, I was just wondering if the dates of the 2020 entry interviews would be similar? I am trying to plan a 10 or so-day overseas holiday, but am not sure if going early February is too risky, in case I miss out on a last minute offer or something.

A1

Admissions Speculator
Reposted due to incorrect info in my earlier post. Sorry.

Hi, I was just wondering if the dates of the 2020 entry interviews would be similar? I am trying to plan a 10 or so-day overseas holiday, but am not sure if going early February is too risky, in case I miss out on a last minute offer or something.
Hi welcome to MSO. It somewhat depends which state you are from. In general all interstate interviews will have been done by 25th January, with offers coming out during first week of February, and they usually give you a week to consider accepting the offer and enroll.

So I think it'll be okay to travel late Jan to early Feb. But make sure you have access to your email account/phone number or have someone at home minding it for you, just in case. At that time frame last minute offers won't be coming out yet.