Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Post UCAT Discussion Thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am aware I was just poking fun :)

but realistically assuming a good ATAR score a 3300 UCAT should secure you interviews practically everywhere you apply
Thank you for your reply, but I don't think my original question has been answered?? For the FFP in Melbourne if you get 99+ atar, is this something you have to apply through VTAC or are you automatically considered? Thank you.

And my username.. well getting 3300+ UCAT was my goal at the beginning of this year, but I ended up getting less than 3300. :( I have had other people poke fun at my username before haha

but I don't think my original question has been answered??
See this link > Guaranteed entry
"How do I apply for guaranteed entry? - When you apply for a graduate professional entry course, you will be able to indicate on the application form that you are eligible for guaranteed entry."

I assume that means you pref/enrol in any eligible undergrad degree, maybe early 3rd year you submit an application for graduate entry med and they organise the MMI for you.

Does anyone know when official UCAT percentiles are to be released? I understand testing finishes tomorrow?

Ok cool so not too long. I wonder whether there will be any shift as there wasn’t for 90th percentile between preliminary and interim.
At maximum it would be a +/- 10 shift but I doubt this will be the case considering there are fewer applicants who have not yet sat the test compared to the 2nd preliminary test group. There was no change really then either.

At maximum it would be a +/- 10 shift but I doubt this will be the case considering there are fewer applicants who have not yet sat the test compared to the 2nd preliminary test group. There was no change really then either.
Yeahh I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Even if every single one of the 1300 remaining test takers scored 1200/3600, that would only bring a 90th percentile to a 91st.

Yeahh I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Even if every single one of the 1300 remaining test takers scored 1200/3600, that would only bring a 90th percentile to a 91st.
Ok that’s reassuring. I am on a 92 at the moment and was worried it might fall.

Alright, bet. Thanks, x, I'll stay around to aid those who don't do nearly as well as they'd hoped to provide some solace. :p
I didn’t do very well either. Pretty disappointing. Not a great day on exam day.
Is it still worth applying if you’ve got a good ATAR and previous work and life experience? I’m a mature aged student so I’m coming from a different angle to most UCAT people perhaps.

I didn’t do very well either. Pretty disappointing. Not a great day on exam day.
Is it still worth applying if you’ve got a good ATAR and previous work and life experience? I’m a mature aged student so I’m coming from a different angle to most UCAT people perhaps.
Do you have a GPA? Or are you relying on an old ATAR?

I have my GPA too. Was hoping for WSU any other thoughts for uni in Syd/ NSW?
What is your GPA and ATAR?

ETA: Actually, can you please use the template and post this question in the appropriate thread: UCAT Results Discussion Thread. It’s off topic for here.

Last edited:

To stir the pot, if every single one of the remaining test takers theoretically scored 3600/3600, that would bring a 92nd percentile down to an 84th ;) That said, this is all completely hypothetical and in jest, your 92 will almost definitely stay at 92.
Would it be possible if we don't see a change in the 90th percentile but a 3010 goes from a 92 to a 93 (for reference, currently, 3010 is the last score for 92 percentile, 3020 is 93rd percentile)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back