Adelaide UAdel Medicine: General Discussion

Just realise I didn’t add the additional bonded preference on my SATAC application - anyone know if there is anything I can do about this now? 😐

ucatboy

MD II
Valued Member
Just realise I didn’t add the additional bonded preference on my SATAC application - anyone know if there is anything I can do about this now? 😐
Not really, but the bright side is that you're not excluded from consideration altogether (only for bonded), you preserve your ranking. We'll assume that ranks 1-110 are unbonded and 111-140 are bonded. In a subsequent offer round, if your ranking moves you up to 110, you'll automatically get an unbonded place offer. You don't need to initially accept a bonded place offer to be upgraded later. Of course, if you end up with a rank between 111-140 after all the offer rounds are finished then you unfortunately won't get anything :(

Not really, but the bright side is that you're not excluded from consideration altogether (only for bonded), you preserve your ranking. We'll assume that ranks 1-110 are unbonded and 111-140 are bonded. In a subsequent offer round, if your ranking moves you up to 110, you'll automatically get an unbonded place offer. You don't need to initially accept a bonded place offer to be upgraded later. Of course, if you end up with a rank between 111-140 after all the offer rounds are finished then you unfortunately won't get anything :(
My scores very likely weren’t good enough to get to top 110, let alone 140. I do have a place elsewhere but I was leaning toward UAdelaide for various reasons. Thanks for the reply!

ucatboy

MD II
Valued Member
My scores very likely weren’t good enough to get to top 110, let alone 140. I do have a place elsewhere but I was leaning toward UAdelaide for various reasons. Thanks for the reply!
You never know, Adelaide uni top-ups commonly go well into February and in some situations, even after semester starts. By 110th, I mean 110th after everyone's declined their offers and the actual cohort is being finalised. It's highly likely that a final rank of 110th could've started out as 300th initially, moving up with each additional offer round (and round of rejections). Fingers crossed!

Since you don't want bonded anyway, it's no loss that you didn't put it in your preferences, if your ranking enters the unbonded zone you'll get said offer anyway :D

You never know, Adelaide uni top-ups commonly go well into February and in some situations, even after semester starts. By 110th, I mean 110th after everyone's declined their offers and the actual cohort is being finalised. It's highly likely that a final rank of 110th could've started out as 300th initially, moving up with each additional offer round (and round of rejections). Fingers crossed!

Since you don't want bonded anyway, it's no loss that you didn't put it in your preferences, if your ranking enters the unbonded zone you'll get said offer anyway :D
Don't give me hope now hahaha, I'm trying to plan my move and really don't want to wait any longer to get accomodation. However, if I've started semester at CSU and get a last-minute boarding call from UAd can I still switch?

ucatboy

MD II
Valued Member
Don't give me hope now hahaha, I'm trying to plan my move and really don't want to wait any longer to get accomodation. However, if I've started semester at CSU and get a last-minute boarding call from UAd can I still switch?
Yes of course, provided the census date hasn't passed yet (it shouldn't, top-ups will have ended before that date). Finding flights and accommodation will be another problem entirely though.

Yes of course, provided the census date hasn't passed yet (it shouldn't, top-ups will have ended before that date). Finding flights and accommodation will be another problem entirely though.
Wow, that's interesting. Doubt I'd do it but depends on how close I would be cutting it I guess...

thetree

Do you know why they interviewed applicants from the 70s and 80s if they had no chance of getting an offer? The ucat scores for offers for Adelaide seem higher than last year. It seems sort of unethical...

ucatboy

MD II
Valued Member
Do you know why they interviewed applicants from the 70s and 80s if they had no chance of getting an offer? The ucat scores for offers for Adelaide seem higher than last year. It seems sort of unethical...
Yeah ngl it's kinda dumb that they implemented a 50% SA interviewee subquota but not a 50% SA offer subquota, what a way to give applicants false hope. That said, if someone was a god at interviews but would've just missed the regular 90s UCAT cutoff, this change would've given them the chance they needed.