Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UoO: Alternative ('Other') Category Chat/Enquiries

Ta. Looks like you spent a few hours on that table.

Yep, or Czech Republic, Latvia, Russia. Fiji even. I can imagine sipping on a nice cocktail while studying my notes on the beach.
Damn sipping a cocktail on a beach in Fiji whilst learning anatomy sounds like the plan hahaha!!! R u for real do they take kiwis and is it legit??

How's everyone going with the wait anyway? It's starting to feel pretty long to me. What a holding pattern!! Did everyone get one of those conflict of interest forms to fill out before the interview??!

Damn sipping a cocktail on a beach in Fiji whilst learning anatomy sounds like the plan hahaha!!! R u for real do they take kiwis and is it legit??

How's everyone going with the wait anyway? It's starting to feel pretty long to me. What a holding pattern!! Did everyone get one of those conflict of interest forms to fill out before the interview??!

Maybe have a read of this before you get too excited about tropical locales and exotic cocktails:

Yes I got a conflict of interest form drum99, pretty sure it's standard practice to cover their bases when they have a child/friend's child apply - still always makes you wonder though

So - who thinks the offers will come out 21 August as stated, or do you think it's likely they will come out later due to the recent Covid saga? Also did anyone notice the Otago website says offers will be given on 30 August, however when we got our interview information it stated 21 August?

Make of that what you will, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if there is some delay involved. Steel those nerves folks!

1597877448948.png

I have just seen this alert on the eVision page. Usually when I get alerts from eVision I get an automated email at around 11pm at night (in Australia/AEST) so 1am the next day from NZ. If we are notified by eVision and we haven't received anything by COB tomorrow, I am guessing we won't be hearing any outcomes until next week.
Does anyone know for sure if it is through our eVision account? There would be so little of us who interviewed (guessing ~40 from previous stats), that I would imagine they could phone to advise. I know some Australian schools notify by phone then the students receive their official letter of offer through the system.

Yeah I saw that system update notice as well. Good timing isn't it ha!! I remember I sent an email to the health science admissions office last month and they confirmed we will get an outcome by 21 August. But tbh I'm pretty sure this could change especially with the whole Covid thing. I reckon it will be through eVision yeah......haven't heard otherwise.....

View attachment 3890

I have just seen this alert on the eVision page. Usually when I get alerts from eVision I get an automated email at around 11pm at night (in Australia/AEST) so 1am the next day from NZ. If we are notified by eVision and we haven't received anything by COB tomorrow, I am guessing we won't be hearing any outcomes until next week.
Does anyone know for sure if it is through our eVision account? There would be so little of us who interviewed (guessing ~40 from previous stats), that I would imagine they could phone to advise. I know some Australian schools notify by phone then the students receive their official letter of offer through the system.

Hey island, in my between constantly checking my evision account I've managed to read most of the posts in this thread- it appears that you get an email with an Evision notification. Nobody has ever mentioned anything about a phone call.

I'm not sure when we'll find out, but I'm really not loving this wait 🙄

Haha I resonate with that - I even managed to search through this thread and noticed that in the last 8 years or so the offers have been released both before and after the date stated.....so there you go ha!! GOSH who really knows eh. But I agree, the ol' anxiety levels are kind of peaking.....

Hey island, in my between constantly checking my evision account I've managed to read most of the posts in this thread- it appears that you get an email with an Evision notification. Nobody has ever mentioned anything about a phone call.

Yeah, the phone call is a bit old school...just clinging to the hope that we will find out something sooner rather than later! haha

I don’t think it’s an email notification from envision, rather it’s an email from health sciences admin office. I received my email (from previous years) on the Thursday at 4.46pm 👌

Attachments

• UoO: Alternative ('Other') Category Chat/Enquiries
    A09E71D4-AFCC-4B82-BD85-6E1CE2020921.png
    72 KB · Views: 56
I don’t think it’s an email notification from envision, rather it’s an email from health sciences admin office. I received my email (from previous years) on the Thursday at 4.46pm 👌
Thank you adventuretime!! That is awesome to know - and now we know it's not dependant on eVision. Lucky I am in front of my computer all day anyway for work :)

Just wanted to say a big and sincere good luck to everybody 🤞

Geez yeah that's news to me! I would've thought something would just show up on eVision.

Oh well - maybe we wait till next week !!

Yep, I wasn't entirely surprised about the delay. The virus has really tested university operations.
Hang in there, troops!
Man this lockdown seems to be never ending in Auckland huh! Can't help but think the next few years would be the best time to study - yknow with the cessation of society and all lol.....

Back