Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Words of wisdom from those who didn't get into Med

Hi All!

I'm new to MedStudentsOnline, and entering into HSFY at Otago in 2018, with my hopes on Dentistry!

I've seen numerous threads of successful med and dent students giving advice, which has been incredibly helpful, thank you for all the time you put in to answer our HSFY questions :)
But so far I haven't come across a forum where those who were unsuccessful offered their advice on 'what I wish I did' or 'what I would've done differently). (Please correct me if I'm wrong that there isn't such thread!)

I just thought I'd open it up to those who I'm sure may have worked equally as hard as those who got into med, but didn't make it into their preferred course. It'd be much appreciated if you could please offer your advice of 'What I would've done differently' during HSFY!

Thank you all in advance for your answers!! :)

Stuart

Administrator
Emeritus Staff
Hi there,

Welcome to MSO!

Although we don't have a dedicated thread for it, the information is out there in the past chat threads and the Graduate Category sub-forum, if you have the time to go through them.

When it comes to "failing", you can (largely) categorise students into three groups: the ones who weren't ready, the ones who didn't put the effort and the ones who missed out by a small margin due to the competition.

You will get different views depending on which group you talk to, but generally, it comes down to your dedication and how smart you work.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads