Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

2011 HSFY Medicine Waitlist Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it strange that admissions will email you about being on the top 20. They're usually so secretive about everything! But I'm glad that they are giving peope some indication of their chances. Now if only they'd release a second-round-offers date...

Offers usually run till round the second or third week of school if I remember correctly. Rather, people were still getting offers off the waitlist at that point.

Ahh I got in! I'm so relieved... Best of luck to all the other waitlistees. I seriously wasn't expecting second round offers to come out this early...

@healthsci2011 , (theres a waiting list thread by the way), and yes I think some people have heard and got offers... Whats your rank score that your on?

ModEdit: moved these to the waitlist thread.

Cheers,
NZ Form Development Team

Last edited by a moderator:
I got nothing, sitting on a 78.1....=(, funny, if what jeangenie said about being top 20 with a 78.15 (assuming we used the same calc method) wouldnt that mean i might also be in the top 20-25?

I got nothing, sitting on a 78.1....=(, funny, if what jeangenie said about being top 20 with a 78.15 (assuming we used the same calc method) wouldnt that mean i might also be in the top 20-25?
Yes, if you're only ~0.05 rank score points below someone in the top 20, then it's pretty safe to assume you're at least close to that. If you haven't received an offer in the main round of waitlist offers, then now would be a good time to think seriously about a plan B (if you haven't already), although with a rank score only ~0.7 off the first-round cut-off I'd say you're still in with a reasonable shot.

I think They haven't finished 1st round on Friday. I haven't heard of afternoon offers. There should have been more. Monday will tell. Please post here if you get in. Good luck!

Hopefully so! I must be so close to the start of the list now...ahhhhgh!
How could places become avaliable now [MENTION=5161]greenglacier[/MENTION] ? Is it common for people to get in through the coming weeks? Or mainly some just a few days before the start because of special exam reserved places?
:/

Hopefully so! I must be so close to the start of the list now...ahhhhgh!
How could places become avaliable now @greenglacier ? Is it common for people to get in through the coming weeks? Or mainly some just a few days before the start because of special exam reserved places?
:/
I realise that I'm going to sound like a harsh b**tard here, but in all honesty, we don't know all that much about the waitlist or where the places that open up come from, all we know is that people can be (and are) accepted into medicine up to one month into the course. So any speculation as to when/how many/where the places come from is mostly just that, speculation, and it wont help 1) your nerves, or 2) your chances of an offer.
But good luck!

I know they def. reserve places for people who may be in contention and are waiting on specials. I also know that there are a few people who drop out after the orientation stuff due to what I guess you could call an epiphany, apparently some people forget that med isnt a simple 3 year degree and want the whole family thing and are afraid it could be to much to try and balance later in life. But as above don't get nervous about it, enjoy the rest of you holidays!

Has anyone gotten in off of the waiting list this week?

I dont think so. Its quite unlikely that there would be anyone who would just suddenly decide to quit during this period. All those whod pull out would have done so already. I estimate about 10 people got in through that second round offers. I think thered only be offers (if any) near/after the prelim lecture on the 15th feb, where people might have that 'epiphany' unidejin wrote about.

Your biggest chance is probably the spaces reserved for students who still have to sit specials, in which case you'll have to wait until just before class starts (or potentially even just after).

Do you know when the special examinations are held? Also, my friend is still on the waiting list with 78.6, so there must have been quite a few people in the 78.6 < x <78.9 range if 78.15 is in the top 20. Or maybe I'm just number 20 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back