Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Bond Medicine: General Discussion

Spectre

If you have a read through the Bond pages this is discussed in some detail. I'm not fully up to date, but I believe it's as follows:

Academics are used for the psychometric test
Psychometric test results are used for the interview
Interview performance is used for offers
I would guess so too because every bit of assessment (ATAR/ GPA, Psycho Marks or Interview Performance) is all progressive - i.e. you do this well you go onto the next one. Even in the interview offere email it legit says, welcome to the FINAL stage of the Bond Medical Program Entry. So I guess you are right.

Thanks for your answer

Gangau

Hy guys,

I just joined MSO cs it is difficult to find like minded ppl when preparing for an interview. I got offered the interview on the 19th around 6:04pm, which was a nerve wrecking day for me. Back story on me I am a 2nd year biomed student at Bond, if you are one of them pm me. However, something got me thinking and its difficult to find definitive answers to these kind of things. Our GPA/ATAR qualifies us for Psycho, Psycho marks qualify us for interview, but is the offer based on the interviews solely? Because your academics (GPA/ATAR) was already used to qualify you for psycho or will it be used again to weigh your Academics and Interview Marks against the new "Interviewed Pool of Applicants"

Let me what you thi

are you a bond student or school leaver? also when is your interview?
I am Bonder

SPC

If you manage to qualify for interviews they send you a link with your interview offer (which by now all have been sent out), to state your preference if you qualified would you prefer the may or september intake. Also the preface given said that bond is looking at opening another application round in september, once finalised by AMC. But, if you dont qualify the interviews, that does not mean you are given any special preference when applying for the Sept intake (TBC) the only difference is that they will use your psychometric marks from May and compare your results against the new pool of applicants for your qualification for interviews then.
Are you saying that there will be one more round of Psychometric test held in May - if so will it be for new applicants or for already applied applicants who are not called for interview as well as not qualified in the interview (scheduled to be held in March).

Spectre

Are you saying that there will be one more round of Psychometric test held in May - if so will it be for new applicants or for already applied applicants who are not called for interview as well as not qualified in the interview (scheduled to be held in March).
So obviously if you have done psycho it stay valid for 24 months now (changed a month ago, before it was 12 months). Talking in regards to sept intake: if you already did psycho and manage to qualify bond will send you an email saying you have qualified and you dont have to sit it, we will use your previous results. But if you havent or it has been more 24 months since your last last pyscho or you are a new applicant you sit it again.

But above all of that reading your question has made me think that is sept intake going to have applicant or only offer places to student who didn't get a place in may intake.

Not really sure, but the first paragraph answers your question primarily.

Gangau

If you manage to qualify for interviews they send you a link with your interview offer (which by now all have been sent out), to state your preference if you qualified would you prefer the may or september intake. Also the preface given said that bond is looking at opening another application round in september, once finalised by AMC. But, if you dont qualify the interviews, that does not mean you are given any special preference when applying for the Sept intake (TBC) the only difference is that they will use your psychometric marks from May and compare your results against the new pool of applicants for your qualification for interviews then.
This is incorrect.
Bond does not has a time to run second application process.

According last year experience, when AMC approved,Bond sent offer according the interview marks,. My friend did not get offer in May, and studying in Sydney U last year, then in the end of July an offer sent to him. He did not do anything. He just did one Psychometric test, then took one interview.

P.S the interview is very important, because has Sep intake, would rank you according the interview marks.

Last year 240 interviewers, and enrolled 191 MD student.
This year 300 interviewers, do not know how may will be enrolled.

MD

Last edited:
Reactions: SPC

Spectre

Oh so you're already in the Med Program! Congrats!

This is incorrect.
Bond does not has a time to run second application process.

According last year experience, when AMC approved,Bond sent offer according the interview marks,. My friend did not get offer in May, and studying in Sydney U last year, then in the end of July an offer sent to him. He did not do anything. He just did one Psychometric test, then took one interview.

P.S the interview is very important, because has Sep intake, would rank you according the interview marks.

Last year 240 interviewers, and enrolled 191 MD student.
This year 300 interviewers, do not know how may will be enrolled.
SPC here is a more correct outline and answer of how the Sept intake works. However, you can't repeat Psycho if you already did it in May or 24 months prior.

I apologise I had no idea how sept intake works, but apart from that bit of information every other information is correct.

Reactions: SPC

SPC

Oh so you're already in the Med Program! Congrats!

SPC here is a more correct outline and answer of how the Sept intake works. However, you can't repeat Psycho if you already did it in May or 24 months prior.

I apologise I had no idea how sept intake works, but apart from that bit of information every other information is correct.
Thanks

Taurus

Hey, I'd love to join to FB messenger group! My FB name is Laasya Karpuram and my profile is me in front of a blue lake looking to the side wearing a blue
Hi I would love to join! This is my facebook name: Shreya Gupta and the profile pic has a pale yellow background

what is your profile on Facebook, cos I don't know which account to message? :)
Hi I love to join Face book group for interview preparation. Please add me. Face book name
Nandani Samarasinghe

I did my interview on Friday and everyone was postgrad, I’m a gap year student and it seems that we all did the same interview. I thought the interview was different for post grads or am I wrong?

nightwatchman

Bond University BMS/MD
I did my interview on Friday and everyone was postgrad, I’m a gap year student and it seems that we all did the same interview. I thought the interview was different for post grads or am I wrong?
the interview is the same but you will be ranked against the post grads only. The undergrads do not compete with you.

sethri

Does anyone know how many students Bond is planning to take for this year's undergrad and postgrad intake? is it the same as previous years?

attaboy

Does anyone know how many students Bond is planning to take for this year's undergrad and postgrad intake? is it the same as previous years?
approx 120, last year was 131 so there is some more places potentially, 20% for post grad and 80% for under grad so id say like 24 post grad and around 96 undergrad, and then there is also a potential for a September intake in which there would be an additional 60 however percentage intakes are unknown for post and undergrad, id guess similar to may intake, 80 20 again