Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Bond Medicine: General Discussion

fluffyboy

BMS/MD I
So if you don't get an offer in march you can still get one for the september intake?
They said in the pdf on the interview offer email that they are "currently in discussions with the Australian Medical Council (AMC) to offer a September 2021 admission into the Medical Program as an additional entry point" and "If we receive confirmation from the AMC to progress to a September intake, we will contact all offer recipients who have preferenced the September 2021 and admissions may then make additional offers."
So to answer your question it sounds as though it's possible to receive a sort of top-up offer for September if they do get approval from the AMC, but I think it's still through the current applications.

Hey! Did anyone who got an interview offer last time (and did not sit the psycho test this year) get an offer for an interview this year?

Cool

Hi All, anyone in the forum can please give advice on Bond Uni Bio Medicine lateral entry into 2nd year medicine - pros and cons please.
This is an easy way to get in to bond medicine. finish first year of Biomed and try with your GPA as an undergraduate candidate entry or finish the Biomed in two years and try as Graduate entry without Gamsat to 2nd year of Med. Bond reserve some places for the Biomed graduates from Bond.

dotwingz

Google Enthusiast
I dont see any real benefit for it, it doesnt seem that you get any real benefit in selection for doing the program. According to the website 76 people started the course last year and that
The selection process will be based on GPA, psychometric testing and an interview. Places in Year 2 of the BMedSt for the graduates of the Bachelor of Biomedical Science are limited and dependant on availability. Applicants must meet the entry requirements for the BMedSt.
Meaning that the application to offer ratio is pretty crap.

Imo your better off starting a different degree elsewhere and applying nonstandard, then graduate. The general advice from MSO is to pick something that you would be interested in pursuing if you dont get into medicine.

^^ good reading

Gm23

Hey guys, is anyone please able to pm me about how to join a group that has been made for interview prep? Or if there are any current medical students at bond that would be willing to have a chat that would be immensely appreciated.
Thank you!

lakarp

Lurker
Hi all! If anyone wants to join a Facebook messenger group chat for interview prep, please PM me your facebook name (and what your profile pic looks like) and I'll add you
Hey, I'd love to join to FB messenger group! My FB name is Laasya Karpuram and my profile is me in front of a blue lake looking to the side wearing a blue shirt with colourful leaves haha

attaboy

on the interview letter on the attached PDF, it said that the interview is one of the factors which determines selection for an offer? does this mean our psych test or academic achievement has some bearing now on final offer ? has anyone called the university to find out about this potentially?

dotwingz

Google Enthusiast
What does it mean on QTAC for the interview section “Status not yet determined” - does that mean I definitely don’t have an invite, or are they still processing?
Generally the rule of thumb around here is that unless that TAC code says 'confirmed' or 'denied' it's to be ignore. I doubt Bond will still be processing interviews, but if others drop them you might get a top up.

on the interview letter on the attached PDF, it said that the interview is one of the factors which determines selection for an offer? does this mean our psych test or academic achievement has some bearing now on final offer ? has anyone called the university to find out about this potentially?
IIRC on the Bond Guide it said that it was only the interview that counted. Technically ATAR and Psych test did have a bearing for an interview which is required for a place.

Last edited: