Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

USyd USyd Dentistry: Double Degree Dentistry

RRRR

Hi guys,
I was just wondering what the cutoff for the Double Degree Dentistry is for USYD. It says 99.5 on the website but realistically, it would be a lot higher, wouldn't it?

TKAO

oowah!
Valued Member
Definitely apply for USyd Dent! Their double degree programme is similar to that of medicine, and they give interview offers to ATAR 99.5+ without looking at UCAT
Once you are above a 99.5, are you guaranteed an interview? Or is there a set number of invite positions and so you would actually need to get closer to a 99.7+?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Once you are above a 99.5, are you guaranteed an interview? Or is there a set number of invite positions and so you would actually need to get closer to a 99.7+?

Seems like we’ve not been able to answer this previously. It might need an email to USyd.

TKAO

oowah!
Valued Member
Any update?
Unfortunately they just gave me a link back to the original page saying that you need a 99.5 to be eligible. I reckon that you'd probably need about a 99.7 to be pretty sure of getting an interview offer, but that's just a guesstimate. I'm trying to figure out when their interviews are now!

Misa

Unfortunately they just gave me a link back to the original page saying that you need a 99.5 to be eligible. I reckon that you'd probably need about a 99.7 to be pretty sure of getting an interview offer, but that's just a guesstimate. I'm trying to figure out when their interviews are now!

That's pretty typical I would say. Hopefully if someone got in last year/ the year before could give us some insight on their ATAR?
For the dates:

• Tue 17 December 2019: ATARs released
  • Fri 20 December 2019: Assessment day - assessment dates are not negotiable and eligible candidates must attend the first assessment day after the release of their ATAR results.
  • Mon 23 December 2019: UAC December Round 2 offers released
and

• Tue 14 January 2020: Close of adding the BSc/DMD as a preference to be considered for the Assessment on 20 January
  • Mon 20 Jan 2020: Assessment day - assessment dates are not negotiable and eligible candidates must attend the first assessment day after the release of their ATAR results.
  • Thu 23 Jan 2020: UAC January Round 2 offers released

ucatboy

final year eek
Valued Member
Completely unrelated to cutoffs but still related to Sydney dentistry: is Sydney dental school the only one with a 7-year course? It seems that many, if not all of the others offer 5-year ones.

Misa

Completely unrelated to cutoffs but still related to Sydney dentistry: is Sydney dental school the only one with a 7-year course? It seems that many, if not all of the others offer 5-year ones.
Yea I think so, Griffith is also a double degree but is 5 as well. I think (correct me if im wrong) all the others are single and 5 years

TKAO

oowah!
Valued Member
That's pretty typical I would say. Hopefully if someone got in last year/ the year before could give us some insight on their ATAR?
For the dates:

• Tue 17 December 2019: ATARs released
  • Fri 20 December 2019: Assessment day - assessment dates are not negotiable and eligible candidates must attend the first assessment day after the release of their ATAR results.
  • Mon 23 December 2019: UAC December Round 2 offers released
and

• Tue 14 January 2020: Close of adding the BSc/DMD as a preference to be considered for the Assessment on 20 January
  • Mon 20 Jan 2020: Assessment day - assessment dates are not negotiable and eligible candidates must attend the first assessment day after the release of their ATAR results.
  • Thu 23 Jan 2020: UAC January Round 2 offers released
What is the difference between the assessment days? Does it matter which one you go to? I'm not free on the 20th of december for the first assessment day, so how do I make sure I go on the second assessment day?

Misa

What is the difference between the assessment days? Does it matter which one you go to? I'm not free on the 20th of december for the first assessment day, so how do I make sure I go on the second assessment day?
Im as clueless as you but if you don't want to get first assessment day I reckon only put it on your preferences after the first round offers? Double check this with someone more experienced though. The website explicitly says that you must attend the first one so I think this would be your only way of not getting an interview on first round

TKAO

oowah!
Valued Member
Im as clueless as you but if you don't want to get first assessment day I reckon only put it on your preferences after the first round offers? Double check this with someone more experienced though. The website explicitly says that you must attend the first one so I think this would be your only way of not getting an interview on first round
That's what I'm thinking about too. I've sent them an enquiry but maybe you can help and try to call them as well.