Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

[Undergrad] EAS/SCATS/UES/SEAS General Discussion and Enquiries

Scrivo_72

The Humerus 2021
Hello eveyone, I have a predicted ATAR of 99.00 and was wondering how much EAS is given if I applied for F01B: Receiving other Centrelink means-tested benefits (Health Care Card), F01D: Receiving Family Tax Benefit Part A and L01B: ESL/started school in Australia in Years 7 to 10? I am an interstate applicant and have 90th UCAT percentile. Do you guys think this will be enough to get an interview invite at UNSW or USYD? + is higher UCAT and ATAR required for interstate applicants? Thanks.
Once you apply for EAS you’ll get a letter back in October or November depending how early you apply, on which unis the EAS eligible for. If your EAS is eligible for UNSW, you’ll have a great chance at getting an offer there.

would it be too late to apply for EAS for E12 Usyd med? They say applications have closed in 15th Sep but UAC says applications close in November

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
would it be too late to apply for EAS for E12 Usyd med? They say applications have closed in 15th Sep but UAC says applications close in November
Sometimes the individual universities can have different cut off dates for some degrees (take, for example, medicine in general, with application cut offs that are much earlier than most other degrees within the same university). The UAC date could be generic/not applicable to the USyd MD. If USyd have stated they require E12 applications to be submitted by Sept 15th, then that's probably the important date. But you could call them to confirm.

I
Sometimes the individual universities can have different cut off dates for some degrees (take, for example, medicine in general, with application cut offs that are much earlier than most other degrees within the same university). The UAC date could be generic/not applicable to the USyd MD. If USyd have stated they require E12 applications to be submitted by Sept 15th, then that's probably the important date. But you could call them to confirm.
asked them and they said no

Hey guys can someone please explain to me how SEAS works? I didn't get a too crash hot of a UCAT because I was sick during that week (2460) but I am a rural student and I have applied for all SEAS categories. My predicated ATAR is around ~97-98ish. Does anyone think that that would be good enough? Thanks :).

bigboi

Hey,
Just wanted to confirm, with UNSW SCATS, do they let you know whether your application has been assessed? Also, do they not tell you the final outcome of your application?

Hey,
Just wanted to confirm, with UNSW SCATS, do they let you know whether your application has been assessed? Also, do they not tell you the final outcome of your application?
Hi,
Based on what I read on mso, the answer is that they don't tell you the outcome. All you can do is submit it and you don't hear back anything
Someone asked this before so I'll just put the link to the answer:

bigboi

Hi,
Based on what I read on mso, the answer is that they don't tell you the outcome. All you can do is submit it and you don't hear back anything
Someone asked this before so I'll just put the link to the answer:
Oh ok thank you so much for the reply and the link!

bigboi

Hi,
I forgot to upload something to my SCATS application. Do I just resubmit an new application?
Thanks
Hey,
When you submitted your application, you would have received a confirmation email. On the bottom of the email, it says you can reply to the email to amend the enquiry. Also you can upload supporting documentation via UNSW Apply Online as per the confirmation email.

Hey,
When you submitted your application, you would have received a confirmation email. On the bottom of the email, it says you can reply to the email to amend the enquiry. Also you can upload supporting documentation via UNSW Apply Online as per the confirmation email.
Thank you so much for your help!! :) I replied to the email and I also tried to upload documents through the UNSW apply online but it keeps asking me to put the program code for the degree and it's not working. I think it should be fine since I have replied to the email so hopefully that works out!

I also saw a post saying to reapply via SCATS so I've done that too just in case.

Hi, does Adelaide med/dent accept individual adjustment ues such as financial difficulty? On the adelaide uni website i can only find school based adjustments. Thanks

A1

Rookie Doc
Hi, does Adelaide med/dent accept individual adjustment ues such as financial difficulty? On the adelaide uni website i can only find school based adjustments. Thanks
UES is a SATAC scheme (not Adelaide's own) with two parts school based & individual based.

Adelaide med/dent stating they accept UES means they accept both parts. But remember you need to make an application to SATAC for the individual based
> Adjustment factors – SATAC

sunnyrain

Hi.
Is EAS applied to a UCAT score for e.g with the University of Newcastle for their Medicine program? Or is EAS only applied to ATAR/GPA?

Hi,
I was just wondering how EAS works for UNSW specifically. It says that the number of adjustment points added to your raw ATAR depends on the degree that your studies have been affected. Does the adjustment points refer to whole numbers (1 adjustpoint pt bumps a 98 ATAR to a 99) or decimal points (1 adjustment pt bumps a 98 ATAR to a 98.10)?

JeydinNewWon

Hi,
I was just wondering how EAS works for UNSW specifically. It says that the number of adjustment points added to your raw ATAR depends on the degree that your studies have been affected. Does the adjustment points refer to whole numbers (1 adjustpoint pt bumps a 98 ATAR to a 99) or decimal points (1 adjustment pt bumps a 98 ATAR to a 98.10)?
1 adjustment point bumps a 98.00 to 99.00 ATAR.