Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Griffith Dentistry: Admissions General Discussion

This is the UAC ATAR profile for this January round of offers
https://www.uac.edu.au/assets/documents/atar/ATAR-profiles-Jan_Rd1-2018-19.pdf

It shows the statistics of all the UAC offers on January 11th including Griffith Dentistry.

The documents shows <5 (so obviously 4 or less) got an offer through UAC which means that the huge majority of people who will get an offer ONLY applied to QTAC.
Since we already have 2 people on this thread, there's probably at most 2 more who got a Griffith dental offer through UAC.

Out of these 4 people, the lowest adjusted ATAR was 99.8!!! (this may or may not necessarily be the cutoff for QTAC since it's the lowest score amongst the 4 successful people on UAC. )

nirav and mzho got a GPA of 7 (which should equate to 99.95) so it's not one of them.

Assuming 6.5 = 99.00 and 7.0 = 99.95, an ATAR of 99.8 should equate to 6.88 (which will more than likely be 6.875 rounded up).

So while a sample size of 4 or less is too small to conclude conclusively, I think it can be somewhat deduced that a GPA of 6.875 is perhaps safe for entry??? We'll have to wait and see...

This is the UAC ATAR profile for this January round of offers
https://www.uac.edu.au/assets/documents/atar/ATAR-profiles-Jan_Rd1-2018-19.pdf

It shows the statistics of all the UAC offers on January 11th including Griffith Dentistry.

The documents shows <5 (so obviously 4 or less) got an offer through UAC which means that the huge majority of people who will get an offer ONLY applied to QTAC.
Since we already have 2 people on this thread, there's probably at most 2 more who got a Griffith dental offer through UAC.

Out of these 4 people, the lowest adjusted ATAR was 99.8!!! (this may or may not necessarily be the cutoff for QTAC since it's the lowest score amongst the 4 successful people on UAC. )

nirav and mzho got a GPA of 7 (which should equate to 99.95) so it's not one of them.

Assuming 6.5 = 99.00 and 7.0 = 99.95, an ATAR of 99.8 should equate to 6.88 (which will more than likely be 6.875 rounded up).

So while a sample size of 4 or less is too small to conclude conclusively, I think it can be somewhat deduced that a GPA of 6.875 is perhaps safe for entry??? We'll have to wait and see...

Actually after reading the document, the cutoffs are for Year 12 candidates only. So some of the things written above may not be applicable.

Nevertheless either 1,2,3 or 4 school leavers applying on UAC got accepted and the lowest score amongst themself/themselves is 99.8

Last edited:
See Nirav and Mzho, told you guys not to worry. Welcome to dent fam.
Thank you . I know. You and Crow and everyone was so motivational and always positive.
My apologies as I was very skeptical as after beentrying for past 5 years and near misses for last two years, I wanted to get the offer before I could believe anything.

Ooh Jayson Taytum fan I guess? (although LA is the enemy of Boston hehe)
Congratulations!! Did you get a GPA of 7 as well?

Also congrats to Nirav1985 and mzho12

Actually my bad, I already congratulated Nirav1985. But congrats again!

Hahahaha
Yea jay Tatum fan but an LA supporter :)
My GPA was 6.875 so I consider myself lucky and I'm very humbled by the offer!!!
SOOOO happy

Back