Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

HSFY 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as an estimate, what placing in the waitlist usually get offers?

Also I don't think the waitlist has moved much yet, should I be worried about that?

Is there any scaling of the final percentage for a paper, or is the final percentage just based on the raw mark?

Also I don't think the waitlist has moved much yet, should I be worried about that?

I think someone mentioned it somewhere in this thread.

Imo there's no point in worrying so just keep yourself busy and let the hours go buy asap.

No, it doesn't appear to have moved much. My buddy with a 92.57% average hasn't gotten an offer yet. I'd wager the offers won't dip below 93%

Waitlist seems to have moved much more for Dentistry than Medicine this year. Understandable, as there are more applicants who would decline Dent for a place in Med, but not vice versa.

Have you accepted a backup programme yet?

No, it doesn't appear to have moved much. My buddy with a 92.57% average hasn't gotten an offer yet. I'd wager the offers won't dip below 93%

Waitlist seems to have moved much more for Dentistry than Medicine this year. Understandable, as there are more applicants who would decline Dent for a place in Med, but not vice versa.

Have you accepted a backup programme yet?
This is the case for any year, for dent waitlist to move more than med, right?
I havent heard anyone posting offers off waitlist since jan 11 for grad category as well

This is the case for any year, for dent waitlist to move more than med, right?
I havent heard anyone posting offers off waitlist since jan 11 for grad category as well
This makes me confused 😵😵

Is it normal for previous years that even now there is no significant movement in the waitlist?

It does seem slow this year but I don't think dent waitlist moves more than med given that dent has a much smaller cohort. For example Soula was top 5 around Jan 11 but only got offered dent in Jan 21.

In the past, med waitlist get through top 20-25 for entry etc. The same cannot be said for dent as we don't have much data on the waitlist given that they have a smaller cohort and waitlist in general.

It does seem slow this year but I don't think dent waitlist moves more than med given that dent has a much smaller cohort. For example Soula was top 5 around Jan 11 but only got offered dent in Jan 21.

In the past, med waitlist get through top 20-25 for entry etc. The same cannot be said for dent as we don't have much data on the waitlist given that they have a smaller cohort and waitlist in general.

Has that waitlist number been consistent?

In some previous threads there was a post on how there are people taking special exams and so there are positions reserved for them, when do those reservations end? Or have they ended?

Has that waitlist number been consistent?

In some previous threads there was a post on how there are people taking special exams and so there are positions reserved for them, when do those reservations end? Or have they ended?

Honestly I recommend looking on OIA if these questions have been asked since I cbb doing the work.

I'm not sure what you mean by special exams since they don't really have that for HSFY but Pre-Christmas Summer School papers for grads are already finished and those people should have already been told if they are on the waitlist or not etc.

Dent waitlist hasn’t moved a whole lot either, was originally told top 10 when second round offers were released, currently top 5, hoping there’s some more movement to come

Hi all, I'm thinking of deferring my dent offer until next year, reason being is that my grandpa passed away and my grandmother is becoming increasingly estranged and that is worsened by her dementia, and I would like to spend more time with her before committing fully to a full time programme. Also I am in debt and would like to get my financial affairs sorted before starting,

what sort of proof would i need to provide in either circumstance, and would it be too late to apply and usually would those be good enough reasons ? any help would be appreciated. cheers

Hi all, I'm thinking of deferring my dent offer until next year, reason being is that my grandpa passed away and my grandmother is becoming increasingly estranged and that is worsened by her dementia, and I would like to spend more time with her before committing fully to a full time programme. Also I am in debt and would like to get my financial affairs sorted before starting,

what sort of proof would i need to provide in either circumstance, and would it be too late to apply and usually would those be good enough reasons ? any help would be appreciated. cheers

Contact the University asap. Idk how they decide what reason is "good enough" but tbh just ask them on how the process works etc.

Hey guys just got the call today from admissions office that I got into Dent. Average was 89.14. So excited to see everyone, can't wait to start catching up!! Thanks for the ride everyone, I guess when I'm the only new guy who walks into class you might figure out my true identity ;) or maybe not

Alg bro we're easy to talk to. Join the fb page. We have meet the 5th years etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back