Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

HSFY 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a clue (from previous years) how much movement there generally is on the waitlist for med after 2nd round offers are out?
depends on the year, last year i had a friend in the top 25 after second round and would estimate the waitlist moved by about 20 places (he was in the top 5 when it closed). keep in mind the waitlist moves depending on offers to other subcategories as well (e.g. postgrad, rural)

qwerty241

Lurker
I'm in the top 5 on the med waitlist after second round offers were released. Do you think I have a chance of getting in? Do they release more offers in a third round or one by one as positions become available?

Fili

Dentist 🦷
I'm in the top 5 on the med waitlist after second round offers were released. Do you think I have a chance of getting in? Do they release more offers in a third round or one by one as positions become available?

I believe they roll out instead of a "third round" etc. And yes I do believe you have a chance of getting in.

depends on the year, last year i had a friend in the top 25 after second round and would estimate the waitlist moved by about 20 places (he was in the top 5 when it closed). keep in mind the waitlist moves depending on offers to other subcategories as well (e.g. postgrad, rural)

was your friend general category? And were they in the waitlist for med or dent thanks.

gxgxgxgx

Does there tend to be more movement on the dent or the med waiting list? Would it be med cause more people applying for it in general?

Fili

Dentist 🦷
Does there tend to be more movement on the dent or the med waiting list? Would it be med cause more people applying for it in general?

It really just depends on the cohort. Imho just email the Uni about your place in the waiting list after every week then if you get top 5, start looking at evision maybe once a day.

feif

A bit of a desperate question but does anyone ever get offers if they have been straight out declined from Dent but were really close to the waitlist cutoff?

A bit of a desperate question but does anyone ever get offers if they have been straight out declined from Dent but were really close to the waitlist cutoff?
Wouldn't they just settle for a lower cohort intake in that case? Especially given the over-intake of dent applicants over the past couple of years.

If you don't mind sharing, what was your average? (I got an offer while waitlisted on 9th Jan with a 90.6%)

AnFo

Otago MBChB III
Hi all, hope you're enjoying your break before heading back to Otago.

I'm tutoring chem191 at my old college this year, and was wondering if anyone has pdfs of Chem191 from 2019 I could get access to?

Cathay

🚂Train Driver🚆
Emeritus Staff
As far as I’m aware, being declined and not being on the wait list would mean can’t get an offer. If you’re after a definite answer, though, you could contact the admissions office directly and ask them the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.