Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Interview offers & dates 2016-17

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1

Rookie Doc
To help you guys/girls sweat a little easier here are a few dates from last year.

Unless noted first round interviews are for in-state applicants whose UMAT + Predicted ATAR are *clearly* above the calculated interview cutoffs. Second rounds are for all interstate plus in-state applicants whose UMAT + Actual ATAR are above cutoffs.

UWS: offers 16-Oct, interviews late Nov over 1-2wks, second round interviews 28-Jan
JMP: offers 29-Oct, interviews late Nov (incl. NSW/ACT/QLD + all eligible rural), second round interviews 29-Jan
ADL: offers 29-Oct, interviews late Nov (incl. interstate), second round interviews late Jan
UNSW: offers 05-Nov, interviews 24-Nov over 1-2 wks, second round interviews 22-Jan
JCU: offers 12-Nov, interviews early Dec (incl. interstate), second round interviews 07-08 Jan

Monash (actual 2017): offers late Dec, interviews 04-09 Jan (incl. interstate *rural*), second round interviews 24-Jan > Important Dates - domestic applicants

Good luck to you all.

Last edited:
Hi
thanks for the information. I thought I had read somewhere that rural applicants were contacted earlier. Have you any thoughts about that?
cheers and thanks

I thought I had read somewhere that rural applicants were contacted earlier. Have you any thoughts about that?

The only difference I remember is Monash interviews interstate rural applicants in first round (vs second round for interstate non-rural) thus they are notified mid-Dec instead of mid-Jan. Have edited the post above to show this info.

Mm, this makes sense as for rural applicants, moving away from home is most likely going to happen regardless of whether they are in the same state or not.

Last year JMP interview offers were all over the place as UoN sent their offers by post while UNE sent by email, so those offered an interview at UNE (interview location does not determine study location) got their offers first. Those offered an interview at UoN had to wait longer and as they were sent by post people received the letters spread out over a week or so; the first week of November despite the claims on their website that 'if you don't receive an offer by the end of October you haven't received an interview'. I'm not sure what process they'll be using this year but can only hope they've accepted modern technology and its many benefits.

I am an interstate applicant applying the medical program of University of Adelaide and Flinder University. Since Adelaide requires interview (assume I got an interview offer in late Jan) and Flinder does not, if I put Adelaide as my first preference and Flinder as my second preference, will I get an offer from SATAC in the first round if Flinder wants to offer me a place?

if I put Adelaide as my first preference and Flinder as my second preference, will I get an offer from SATAC in the first round if Flinder wants to offer me a place?

In this scenario I suspect SATAC will NOT notify you of the Flinders offer, instead your SATAC application status will show something like "qualifying criteria incomplete" meaning waiting for Adel interview outcome. Assuming SATAC and the unis are all fair, the Flinders offer should be reserved for you until second round place offers.

If it is the case, should I change my first preference to Flinder and second preference to Adelaide. In the first offer round, I accept the Flinder offer conditionally and remove it from the course preference list and wait for the second offer round to see whether I can get an offer from Adelaide?

Yes pree sure you can do that as I have seen described in one of the TACs (for courses in general not just med) so must be an acceptable method. However there is some likelihood you get a first round interview at Adel, if so you should ask to defer interview to second round if possible or change Adel back to higher pref.

UWS: offers 21-Oct, interviews late Nov over 1-2wks, second round interviews 28-Jan

UNSW: offers 05-Nov, interviews 24-Nov over 1-2 wks, second round interviews 22-Jan

Are the interview offer dates for UNSW and WSU different for uni interstate students who are completing their first year of university?

Last edited:
Are the interview offer dates for UNSW and WSU different for uni interstate students who are completing their first year of university?

Not 100% sure but I don't think there are separate intv rounds for uni students, which means they are notified same time as Y12s. Although interstate applicants do 2nd round interviews the clear-above-cutoff ones still get notified early Nov, with a clause saying don't make any travel plans until confirmation in Jan.

Although you have deleted the question on place offer dates I'll answer here to help others too. UAC/UNSW will make 1st round place offers to in-state applicants in early Jan but set aside a sufficient number of places for interstate applicants still to interview. These places will be announced in 2nd round offers, any surplus (+ any declines from 1st round offers) go back to in-state applicants who are next in line.

hi, are you aware of when UQ med offers are made for interstate students? would it be the same time as local applicants
thanks

hi, are you aware of when UQ med offers are made for interstate students? would it be the same time as local applicants
thanks

Offers will be made starting in the QTAC Main round, 16 January 2017.
Interstate and Queensland med offers will be made at the same time (QTAC does not differentiate, and there are no interviews).

However, due to the number of people who are likely to decline this offer, a significant proportion of QTAC offers will be made in subsequent rounds (both to interstate and Queensland applicants).

For post grad, those on waiting period, any info as to how one could find out where they stand on the list, GAMSAT 6.9 and WGPA of 6.44 remains below par without a fantastic interview, very frustrating.

Are you referring to USyd? If so then no, you'll just have to wait until early November. Those scores are slightly too low for standard entry nowadays, I'd suggest working on portfolio activities and aiming for NDA/UoW.

Thanks GV, yes I am sure you are correct, nothing can be done but to try again , nothing can be down now for PGA, so a better GAMSAT and interview and portfolio like you say may be the answer.

Thanks for Info Mana.. I don't have an understanding how MSO works at the moment. How is it your info arrived via email? no problems but just thinking how it works.

No worries, I was able to score an interview at a portfolio school so if you would like some help tweaking your portfolio feel free to PM me. I feel like even the most basic activities can earn a lot of points if you write about how the activity has changed or affected you.

Do Interstate applicants find out if they have an interview on the same date (for UNSW, JMP, UWS)? albeit the interview is later on - Jan/Feb? is that right?

Do Interstate applicants find out if they have an interview on the same date (for UNSW, JMP, UWS)? albeit the interview is later on - Jan/Feb? is that right?

Last year: yes for UWS & JMP, no for Monash, some yes some no for UNSW depending how clear above cutoff they were.

Btw JMP wasn't technically on the same date. Since Newcastle sent out offers by slow mail local applicants got them earliest, Syd/Melb 2 days later, WA the following week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back