Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Pre-UCAT Discussion 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey just wondering, as a non-standard, is it possible to apply for uk medical or dental schools? also, does anyone know when the uac and other universities' application open?

also, how do you apply through uac if you are an non-year 12 applicant? I just tried to log in but it didn't work-?
When I was applying last year, I was able to make accounts and apply around the time I did my UCAT (early August). Also yes it is possible to apply for uk, although will most likely be very expensive as will be applying as international.

hey just wondering, as a non-standard, is it possible to apply for uk medical or dental schools? also, does anyone know when the uac and other universities' application open?

also, how do you apply through uac if you are an non-year 12 applicant? I just tried to log in but it didn't work-?
same question here lmao

angry_mask

Heyy guys! I'm looking for someone who would be willing to help me with some 1-1 UCAT tutoring. I'm specifically looking to improve my VR. If anyone is interested in providing private tutoring or knows someone who is, could you please send me a message?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Just a reminder that paid prep courses and paid private tutoring discussion is banned content, but if anyone can recommend any independent, free, open source resources or services for the poster above, that would be great!

yuun

Is there any ucat discord server??? Can someone give me a link if there is one becuz idk where it is

aaronash

Hello everyone,
hope you are all doing well.
I'm kinda struggling with getting UCAT scores higher, and mines in three weeks.
Im averaging like 800 in AR during practice, but once I get into a mock, the hour and a half of other sections numbs my brain that i just throw AR and get like 600. Any tips for bringing back focus or resetting after the other sections?

Also, I am RA2, so I'm curious what a decent competitive score would be for rural. I'm on track for a 99+ atar.

AH23

Lurker
Hello, has anyone taken UCAT at the Macquarie University centre in Sydney? Any insight on the centre ie get there how much earlier, any special requirements etc

hi guys! my ucat is in exactly 2 weeks and for those who have done theirs, I was wondering what your advice is in studying for it at this point in time, and strategies that have worked for you? can't mention where from but the highest score I've gotten when practicing was: 600VR 650DM 700QR 670AR which is about 2600, and im aiming for 3000.
I persona;;y always get speed distance time questions wrong in QR and other text based info, and struggle to answer logical puzzles in DM, for VR I am lacking in my ability to make inferences logically, and AR conditional patterns are tricky but I know ill get the hand of it.

unicorn98

Lurker
Best wishes for everyone sitting this year.

For me it will be my third attempt
Good luck!!

Should I study sections separately or all together? Would it be better to spend a week practicing each VR, DM, QR, and AR, and then start doing subtest mocks and full exam mocks? Or is it better to practice multiple/all sections every day?
Multiple sections every day is probably be best to retain skill

YES! Would love to hear people's experience!
Same! Especially experiences different test centres

Hello, which test centre is better in Sydney, Parramatta or Sydney? Please share your experiences, first time sitting
Have a look at previous years forum groups as well - they have more experiences/posts

Has anyone been denied entry because their passport photo is too old/does not look enough like them? I am using my passport as my ID for my UCAT in a week but the photo is from 2019, and I dont have any other forms of ID since im not 18 and my drivers license is online. I tried talking to customer service on the phone but they were very vague so am I likely to be turned away?

yoyati

Lurker
I did the UCAT today and got 3280. So relieved.
I got 99.55 ATAR last year did the UCAT but only got 2900.
Was aiming for med but only got one interview at Bond and didn't get an offer as interview skills are a weakness. Didn't apply for dentistry last year.
Have re assessed and aiming for Uni Qld dentistry now.

2023 SCORES
VR: 690
DM: 810
QR: 900
AR: 880
Total: 3280

SJT: 674

2022 SCORES
VR: 680
DM: 750
QR: 810
AR: 660
Total: 2900

SJT: 588
hey I'm a Yr10 students and want to go into Medicine. You clearly got an amazing ATAR and UCAT score. Any tips? Also how and when did you start to prepare for the UCAT? It would mean a lot my parents are stressing over literally everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.