Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Quick Questions 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I got an email from UAC saying that I do not meet the English requirements. Does all the English proficiency proof documents need to uploaded before 30th September? I sent an email to UAC and didn't get a reply.

This is strange because afaik none of the NSW med schools specify English as prereq. Did you also put in a non-med pref that happens to require English?

Or maybe you put Griffith Gold Coast into your UAC application?

This is strange because afaik none of the NSW med schools specify English as prereq. Did you also put in a non-med pref that happens to require English?

Or maybe you put Griffith Gold Coast into your UAC application?
Its not a prerequisite. It's just the uni's general english proficiency requirement
I need to prove it cause I completed Year 12 overseas in a non english speaking country.

Hello, would anybody be able to tell me the median atars of successful applicants to Bond med, JCU med, Curtin med and WA med? Also do Bond and JCU offer adjustments for rural students or people with disadvantages? Thanks tonnes

Last edited:
Hello, would anybody be able to tell me the median atars of successful applicants to Bond med, JCU med, Curtin med and WA med? Thanks tonnes
UWA med is on their website - just google uwa median atar and then scroll around. iirc it is a 99.55 unbonded, and a 98 bonded (because it takes into account other access schemes). Curtin med is ATAR profile - Future students | Curtin University, Perth, Western Australia. JCU med median atar isn't very useful as a lot of it comes from rural applicants, and your application is weighted very heavily. no idea about bond

Hello, would anybody be able to tell me the median atars of successful applicants to Bond med, JCU med, Curtin med and WA med? Thanks tonnes

Bond med used to require 98+ to get an interview then about half get an offer, so median should be 99ish. JCU non-rural we often see out of 10 posted offers: 7x 99s, 2x 98s, 1x 97s. UWA requires 99+ so median would be 99.5+. Not sure about Curtin, you can take a look in the collated data.

Hi, does anybody know how the JMP process works? ATAR is a hurdle, how do PQA and Interview factor in? Also, is the PQA similar to the UCAT?

Also, this is probably a stupid question, but is there any such thing as one interview being harder to pass than another? For example, Uni X's interview is easier than Uni Y's?? If you had to order JMP, WSU and UNSW what would you say? (i think it depends on personal preference)

Hi, does anybody know how the JMP process works? ATAR is a hurdle, how do PQA and Interview factor in? Also, is the PQA similar to the UCAT?

Also, this is probably a stupid question, but is there any such thing as one interview being harder to pass than another? For example, Uni X's interview is easier than Uni Y's?? If you had to order JMP, WSU and UNSW what would you say? (i think it depends on personal preference)
The UNSW interview is way "easier" than the JMP and WSU interview if you enter the interview stage with a very strong ATAR + UCAT combo (i.e. 99.95+99). This is because they determine 2/3 of your application. On the other hand, if you enter the interview stage with, say 99.2+95 (this combo is for illustration purposes only), you might have to pull off a top interview to get in. Compare that to JMP and WSU where ATAR is used as a hurdle and for JMP, UCAT as well.

In conclusion, it depends on where you stand in the ATAR and UCAT department - high ATAR and UCAT and you might find it easier to get into UNSW, (relatively) low ATAR and UCAT and you won't be at any sort of disadvantage in the JMP and WSU interviews.

From memory of a JMP report the bottom 10(?)% of the PQA are dismissed regardless of their interview scores. The rest are given offers based on the interview score, with PQA being tiebreaker for those on same score at cutoff.

For the other mentioned schools it's not really a pass/fail matter. What matters is how your interview measures against the rest. For example if it is really difficult at school A you score only 60 out of 100 but rank 20th out of 150 interviewees you'd still be very well off.

Umm, also how difficult would it be to bring up a 97-ish predicted ATAR to a 99 and would it be possible in terms of the ATAR system? I have a weird-ish case where all my subjects marks are 90+ except I have one 65 (i'm on 10 units). So it's not like all my subjects are in the 80's.

After ANU health sciences what are the chances to go to medicine as do not require gamsat
Out of 60 students, 20 non-rural and 10 rural/Indigenous applicants will gain places without sitting GAMSAT.

Reactions: dco
For VTAC, specifically Monash, is there any way to know if they'll adjust my ATAR based on my SES? Will I be notified by email like UAC?

Umm, also how difficult would it be to bring up a 97-ish predicted ATAR to a 99 and would it be possible in terms of the ATAR system? I have a weird-ish case where all my subjects marks are 90+ except I have one 65 (i'm on 10 units). So it's not like all my subjects are in the 80's.

From UAC table A9 aggregate for 97.5 is about 426, for 99.0 is 446. You need to improve by 20, either by raising the 65 to 85 or raising every subject by 4 marks each.

Are high school documents for med applications due tomorrow too or can they be submitted even after med applications close? my friend is in a panic right now because she was going to upload her yr 13 results just then but can't find them so it'll take about a month for her to get a new copy of them.... 😶

Do you have to upload all documents for UAC by september 30th? I have paid and submitted the application but havent uploaded documents for my IELTS english test(I need the english test cause I studied overseas)

Do you have to upload all documents for UAC by september 30th? I have paid and submitted the application but havent uploaded documents for my IELTS english test(I need the english test cause I studied overseas)
Is it not possible for you to go ahead and upload them right now? Probably the quickest way to clear things up unless you can't for whatever reason.

Does September 30 mean tonight or tomorrow night?

How does UNSW allocate places for each of their 2 campuses?
On their websites it says:

"UNSW Medicine will allocate students to campuses as follows:
  1. By descending order, applicants who have selected only one campus are allocated until places at this campus are exhausted.
  2. Applicants who have indicated either campus will be proportionally allocated to the campus available at that stage. Where possible, we will take the campus preference into consideration, but again, we cannot guarantee it."
Does this mean that applicants that have only selected only one campus have priority over applicant who have selected both? What does "proportionally allocated" and "available at that stage" mean? Would it be better to only select one campus rather than two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back