• MSO wishes the best of luck to all users with upcoming interviews! For those interviewing at universities that do not have applicants sign an NDA, it would be greatly appreciated if you could send me (Crow) a PM with your interview questions to help future users. These will not be shared publicly until all interviews for that university have been completed. Cheers! ETA: Please check out our new Interview Portal!

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Transferring Between Medical Schools

LMG!

Most Helpful Member and Staff Member of the Year 2017-2018
Out of interest, have you spoken to Monash again?
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I know that UTAS re-admitted a student with a similarly complex trajectory that included several false starts and incompletions and significant time off for ill health.

LMG!

Yes, I received a letter of support from the Dean (as is necessary for applying to WSU/UNSW as a transfer)
As I've said, I'm not hopeful but figured it's worth a shot. The worst thing that can happen is that I don't get in, in which case I'll sit the GAMSAT and apply for graduate-entry which is what I would have done anyway
I think Pi was meaning have you spoken to Monash about being readmitted there? (At least, that was my interpretation and the crux of my reply).

Reactions: pi

LMG!

Fair enough. Good luck!! Keep us posted on your progress :D

yosarso

Lurker
What happened to medicalkitty? I too have applied for a transfer to WSU for 2020 intake into the medicine program. I have applied on compassionate grounds due to significant family hardship, I am really praying that I get accepted however from everyone I speak to and from what I hear, transfers are near impossible.