UMAT 2013 results thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section1: 54
Section 2: 56
Section3: 54
Overall: 164
Percentile: 72%.

Not what I was hoping for, can anyone giving me a shot in the dark of somewhere I can apply for. I have been checking around frantically although just need some advice!
Non- Standard.
GPA; 5.6 ishh.

Has anyone compared last years graphs and noticed a steeper plot to the graphs this year.

Section 1: 70
Section 2: 69
Section 3: 68
Overall: 207
Percentile: 99th
So happy right now, only looking at Auckland University though, but with my current GPA and now this, it's looking like a good prospect

86 percentile

47 I usually do so well in section 2 argh

98.95 Estimate
Greater Western Sydney
EAS

Do I have a chance at getting interviews at UNSW, UNCLE, UWS? What final ATAR do I have to get to get into UNSW?

Last edited:
Does anyone believe that UON could possibly accept a 54 Section 1 dependant upon the applicants? I know overly optimistic....

Um I speak a second language but don't study one. I also forgot to mention that I'm GWS and EAS. What does that horrible section 2 mark mean for me?

S1: 66
S2: 72
S3: 65

Overall: 203
99th percentile.

I honestly cannot even believe it, I'm not sure what to do with it haha I wasn't planning on applying for anything other than auckland uni and UMAT isnt worth much here :c

Exactly the same here, 99th percentile and I'm only planning to apply to Auckland :O

2012: 63% percentile (raw score 54)
2013: 95% percentile (agg. 188)

There's still hope even if you don't do well this year ;)

Hey everyone,

In the past we've had separate UMAT results, and UMAT results discussion threads. We find this normally works quite well - and most importantly, it increases the chances of people getting the advice they want.

From now on, can we post RESULTS ONLY in this thread, and move all discussion to here: https://www.medstudentsonline.com.au/f48/umat-2013-results-discussion-advice-28278/

Sorry to throw this on you well after this thread has started, I really should have been more organised about the whole thing.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Ok fine ill post haha
68/52/88 99th overall 209.

Also to mod, would it be better to start a new "post-results" discussion page?

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

I can't believe they came out at 9.30pm last night and I only just got the email now... I was not mentally prepared for this day :mellow:

180 overall, 90%ile
S1: 51 S2: 69 S3: 60

Section1: 54
Section3: 54
Overall: 164
Percentile: 72%.

Not what I was hoping for, can anyone giving me a shot in the dark of somewhere I can apply for. I have been checking around frantically although just need some advice!
Non- Standard.
GPA; 5.6 ishh.

Has anyone compared last years graphs and noticed a steeper plot to the graphs this year.

So, when comparing last year's section 1 graph with this year's, it appears that less people scored highly this year, meaning hopefully that the threshold for Newcastle will be slightly less than last year. I got 60 for section 1 which is in the 85% region of the section 1 graph this year but a 60 last year was around 80% on the 2012 section 1 graph.

Section 1: 59
Section 3: 58
Overall: 173
Percentile: 83%

First time UMAT taker - I'm quite disappointed given I did a fair amount of practice but I suppose there's not much I can do now but study hard for a decent ATAR.

Are there any universities where I could attain an interview given these results?
I'm looking into both medicine and dentistry anywhere in Australia :)

So, when comparing last year's section 1 graph with this year's, it appears that less people scored highly this year, meaning hopefully that the threshold for Newcastle will be slightly less than last year. I got 60 for section 1 which is in the 85% region of the section 1 graph this year but a 60 last year was around 80% on the 2012 section 1 graph.

Be very careful making that assumption for UoN. I'd like to think you are right, but just remember that the percentile required to achieve a score of 50 in S2 this year has dropped significantly, meaning that less people will be ruled out of an interview when the 50-50-50 rule is applied. This might place upward pressure on the S1 threshold.

I got 51 in S1 (I'm rural) and 50 in S2 and S3, so hopefully I will scrape in!

Hey guys, new user here. These are my results:

S1 64
S2 54
S3 53

Overall 171
Percentile 81

My estimate atar is 99.4. If anyone could give advice on potential offers I would really appreciate it. Cheers.

I have heard from several sources that the cutoff for Newcastle last year in S1 was 58 or 61. Can anyone confirm which one it was or is it all speculation?

Overall Score: 187
S1: 68
S2: 54
Percentile: 94

Pretty happy given the fact I though I did much worse. Hopefully it's good enough for Monash (my first preference).
Good luck to everyone else who's trying to land a place in an undergrad med degree for next year.

Overall Score: 187
S1: 68
S2: 54
Percentile: 94

Pretty happy given the fact I though I did much worse. Hopefully it's good enough for Monash (my first preference).
Good luck to everyone else who's trying to land a place in an undergrad med degree for next year.

It is good enough for monash, as long as your ATAR is 99+. good luck. see you at the interviews (hopefully) =D

I have heard from several sources that the cutoff for Newcastle last year in S1 was 58 or 61. Can anyone confirm which one it was or is it all speculation?

Yep, I believe the S1 cutoff was 58 for UMAT 2011 and 61 for UMAT 2012. Who knows what it will be this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back