Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

General Interview Discussion 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Congrats on the JCU interview offers everyone! Having received an offer myself yesterday, does anyone know how roughly how many people get invites?
Also when booking the interview, is it recommended to book in one of the earlier dates or the later dates (interviews are from 26th November to 6th December I believe)?
Thanks!

I don't think it matters when you interview, or even if you interview in the second round, there's really no preferencing. It's just a matter of when best suits you for both travel and performance (ie. are you likely to be better in the morning, will you stress out all day if your interview is in the afternoon, etc).

We've heard reports of anywhere between 700 - 900 interviews. 900 would be A LOT, but I guess it's possible given JCU is not first preference for many applicants who will interview there.

mthk

hello, I didn't get an interview for jcu medicine :(
do they still offer interviews after the 9th of november?

A1

Rookie Doc
hello, I didn't get an interview for jcu medicine :(
do they still offer interviews after the 9th of november?

Yes there's one more round of JCU invites going out on 28th Dec to attend interview on 4th January. This is mostly for those whose actual ATAR is quite better than their predicted, or for non-standard applicants with full-year GPA. Keep your hopes up, good luck.

Tyrion

Hello, any updates on the UAdel medicine umat cut off problem? Would they send top-up interviews it is indeed an error?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hello, any updates on the UAdel medicine umat cut off problem? Would they send top-up interviews it is indeed an error?

Are you affected by this? Have you made any attempts to contact UAdel about this?

General reply to ‘the room’: Tbh, it seems like there’s a lot (with very few exceptions, thank you to them!) of people posting here about the issue that are sitting back hoping someone else will follow up and get it sorted rather than making the calls to find out (and therefore contributing to emphasising the possible extent of the issue) themselves.

A1

Rookie Doc
It seems this has dropped markedly this year from previous years and is for rural applicants only.

UAdel must have increased significantly the number of rural interview spots at the expense of non-rural (whose cutoff jumped from 84th to 89th%ile this year). Incidentally UAdel phone interviewed additional rural applicants very late in the process last year, signs that they didn't have enough interviewees to select from.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
UAdel must have increased significantly the number of rural interview spots at the expense of non-rural (whose cutoff jumped from 84th to 89th%ile this year). Incidentally UAdel phone interviewed additional rural applicants very late in the process last year, signs that they didn't have enough interviewees to select from.

Yeah, I mentioned a while ago that this is exactly what I suspect has happened.

A1

Rookie Doc
Not the most exciting, but alas it is an update. Potentially our new contact, as well! ;) View attachment 2264

Dear Red Cloud it is exciting news, at least someone has gone in print that they will investigate.

Btw do you know whether this is in response to your earlier "challenge" email (which appeared to not have gone through) or to your phone query?

A1

Rookie Doc
would non-standards with one semester of tertiary study and non-standards with a completed degree be considered equally?

There can be differences, do you mean one semester of study at time of application or at end of year, and for which uni/schools?

sarangiya

UNSW BMed/MD II
Dear Red Cloud it is exciting news, at least someone has gone in print that they will investigate.

Btw do you know whether this is in response to your earlier "challenge" email (which appeared to not have gone through) or to your phone query?
Hahaha love a quick digital pen smudge for anonymity
To the email!
P.s. That image is massive on PC how on earth can I calm it down!?

weebuforreal

stats noob and a definite weaboo
Hi,
I'm practising answering some questions for Newcastle MMIs, and I can't seem to go beyond 1 and a half minutes for each question, and that's including explaining my reasons and giving personal examples- for example with the question "What motivates you?", I only took about 1 min 5 secs. Is this a problem considering each station is 8 mins? Is it necessary to take 4-6 minutes to answer the average question (as recommended by a certain workshop)?
Thanks

Sam26

Hi,
I'm practising answering some questions for Newcastle MMIs, and I can't seem to go beyond 1 and a half minutes for each question, and that's including explaining my reasons and giving personal examples- for example with the question "What motivates you?", I only took about 1 min 5 secs. Is this a problem considering each station is 8 mins? Is it necessary to take 4-6 minutes to answer the average question (as recommended by a certain workshop)?
Thanks
Hi GAv10
Do u have any questions specifically for JMP
If so can u please PM me
When is your interview
I have my interview on 29 November
Thanks

weebuforreal

stats noob and a definite weaboo
Oh no, I don't have questions specifically for JMP, but rather these are some sample questions that I'm using to practise.

Cool, my interview's on the same day! :D Look for the dude with brown hair and glasses. :p ;)

Sam26

Oh no, I don't have questions specifically for JMP, but rather these are some sample questions that I'm using to practise.

Cool, my interview's on the same day! :D Look for the dude with brown hair and glasses. :p ;)
Thanks for your reply
Sample questions? From where
Will surely look for u
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.