Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

General Interview Discussion and Questions

I didn't get one with 3320 interstate for med or dent.
In previous years UWA interstate invites were released later for round2 interviews. Have they changed from this arrangement?

I called them. They said this year this is the only round of interview offers, like theres no other ones.
Info from Admissions staff is sometimes inaccurate.
Or they meant only round of invites for WA students (did you tell them specifically you're interstate?)
Or your predicted ATAR 97-98 doen't meet UWA's 98 cutoff.

In previous years UWA interstate invites were released later for round2 interviews. Have they changed from this arrangement?
They said they changed it and it is only one round because I asked about how in previous years interstate was in January.

Info from Admissions staff is sometimes inaccurate.
Or they meant only round of invites for WA students (did you tell them specifically you're interstate?)
Or your predicted ATAR 97-98 doen't meet UWA's 98 cutoff.
Shouldn't the interview only be based off ucat as I haven't got my atar yet and I don't think they asked for a predicted atar? I also found someone else who got 98th percentile interstate and also got no invite.

Reactions: A1
They said they changed it and it is only one round because I asked about how in previous years interstate was in January.
Shouldn't the interview only be based off ucat as I haven't got my atar yet and I don't think they asked for a predicted atar?
Interview only based off UCAT was meant for WA students. Interstate was after ATAR release so ATAR was looked at too. But as they say that has now changed.

I still feel there's something amiss here. If interstate 99%ile didn't meet the UCAT cutoff UWA might as well say outloud interstate please don't bother to apply.

Interview only based off UCAT was meant for WA students. Interstate was after ATAR release so ATAR was looked at too. But as they say that has now changed.

I still feel there's something amiss here. If interstate 99%ile didn't meet the UCAT cutoff UWA might as well say outloud interstate please don't bother to apply.
What's with interstate rural 3.1k not receiving an invite? Were rurals considered in interstate round if they were interstate previously?

I also got the same reply. You are at 99%, I am not sure what else they are looking to consider for interview invitation
Hi ma2024,

The email stated "Your UCAT ANZ score did not meet this year's threshold for your quota."

Based on AM12345 not getting selected the interstate quota must be very close to 0. 🥲

Is it worth emailing them, or asking them something via email?

View attachment 5583

Does anyone know the UCAT cut off scores for UWA?
Yeah saw this just after, but confused because I got an email from UNSW saying I should change my preferences on UAC by 16/11 in order to be eligible for a med interview offer, but the first rounds already out. also that same website says that the deadline is 1/12 not 16/11

A1 adds: Iirc UNSW first round is for their Rural schools. What we usually call first round is 2nd round for UNSW.

Based on AM12345 not getting selected the interstate quota must be very close to 0. 🥲
Just saw a UWA invite posted by NSW applicant with 3440.
It looks like UWA now gives just a few token interview spots to interstate, resulting in 99.5%ile cutoff !!

Is it worth emailing them, or asking them something via email?
I guess not. I see on UWA website only one round of interviews 27-Nov to Dec, their intent of not welcoming interstate is quite clear.

is there any chance to get second round interviews from UQ? I am sharing my status from qtac, is there any chance to consider interview invitation.View attachment 5584
can someone suggest on the above status(QTAC)? 1. is there any chance in future to get an interview invitation from UQ? 2. Do we get failure for unsuccessful interview invitations from UQ?

can someone suggest on the above status(QTAC)? 1. is there any chance in future to get an interview invitation from UQ? 2. Do we get failure for unsuccessful interview invitations from UQ?
I have a vague memory of a small number of additional interview invites coming out for UQ at a later date. Your best bet would be to look at the interview invite threads for the last two years and see if there's anything recorded there as that's where we get our 'data' from.

And, as A1 points out, everyone please post your interview invite info in the appropriate thread so we can continue to help people like yourselves into the future. Thank you!

Last edited:
1. I think something is amiss with your QTAC application if it's showing at this stage Processing of prereqs has not commenced. Check with QTAC.

2. I don't think UQ has a round of invites based on ATAR+UCAT.

3. Occasionally, if after close of interview booking there are untaken slots, the school would send a few top-up invites. Unfortunately you're 100 UCAT marks below UQ's non-Qld cutoff it's unlikely.

4. Can you please post up your UCAT scores and Monash invite for future reference?

(This request applies to all other members too who have not done. Remember MSO are able to help you with info thanks to data posted by members in previous years, please do likewise).

University: Curtin
Course and preference in relevant TAC: Medicine 1st
Date and time of invite receipt: 1:53pm 20/11/2023
UCAT percentile rank: 90th
VR: 590
DM: 750
QR: 880
AR: 790
Total: 3010
SJ: 591
JPM/WSU formula (58%VR + 12%DM + 12%QR + 18%AR): N/A
Predicted/Actual ATAR/GPA: 98.6-99.95
Rural: No
State: WA
Other Special Considerations: Possible Broadway Student
Congratulations WALocal !
What quartile did you achieve in the Curtin CASPER test? (e.g. 3rd quartile = 50% to 75%).
Thanks

For the XXQ universities in QLD, does applying for bonded/unbonded only mean that you will be considered for that one. For example does applying for CQU- R bonded mean that you will not be considered for the unbonded CQU-R and vice versa.

Thanks

For the XXQ universities in QLD, does applying for bonded/unbonded only mean that you will be considered for that one. For example does applying for CQU- R bonded mean that you will not be considered for the unbonded CQU-R and vice versa.

Thanks
Ultimately, yes.
Longer answer:
1. If you only put bonded, even if you qualify for an unbonded spot, you’ll receive a bonded offer and your unbonded spot will go to someone else (this also holds for if you put bonded as a higher preference)
2. If you only put unbonded, you won’t be considered for a bonded spot (so you make yourself ineligible for ~28% of the total places on offer)

Ultimately, yes.
Longer answer:
1. If you only put bonded, even if you qualify for an unbonded spot, you’ll receive a bonded offer and your unbonded spot will go to someone else (this also holds for if you put bonded as a higher preference)
2. If you only put unbonded, you won’t be considered for a bonded spot (so you make yourself ineligible for ~28% of the total places on offer)
So would it be more beneficial to have applied for bonded or unbonded in terms of offer chance? I applied for CQU- R unbonded, CQU-B bonded and USQ bonded.

So would it be more beneficial to have applied for bonded or unbonded in terms of offer chance? I applied for CQU- R unbonded, CQU-B bonded and USQ bonded.
If you’re only applying for one or the other, bonded gives you the best chance as it opens up your eligibility to those additional ~28% of places. Given you’re clearly open to a bonded spot, I’d have made the CQU-R application bonded also, but I assume it’s too late for that?

If you’re only applying for one or the other, bonded gives you the best chance as it opens up your eligibility to those additional ~28% of places. Given you’re clearly open to a bonded spot, I’d have made the CQU-R application bonded also, but I assume it’s too late for that?
Yeah it is too late I think.

But isnt picking bonded also only limiting me to those 28% of spots. Im a bit confused with this.

But isnt picking bonded also only limiting me to those 28% of spots. Im a bit confused with this.
Places are allocated *in sequence* of unbonded first then bonded, not separately.

Picking bonded only means you're still eligible for a place in the full quota, but if you qualify in the upper 72% you are downgraded to a bonded spot in the lower 28%.

Places are allocated *in sequence* of unbonded first then bonded, not separately.

Picking bonded only means you're still eligible for a place in the full quota, but if you qualify in the upper 72% you are downgraded to a bonded spot in the lower 28%.
So compared to unbonded, do you think a lot less people would have applied for bonded in these XXQ courses?

Back