Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Auckland OLY1 (BSc/BHSc) 2013 chat/enquires

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunny123

gen ed wise: do nothing but econ. seriously. 2 lectures a week, no tuts, one mid term and an exam (with plussage!). Got 100% in the midterm with 2 hours study on the day..doing anything else is ridiculous (make sure you get in early though, it fills up really quickly)

blackandwhite

gen ed wise: do nothing but econ. seriously. 2 lectures a week, no tuts, one mid term and an exam (with plussage!). Got 100% in the midterm with 2 hours study on the day..doing anything else is ridiculous (make sure you get in early though, it fills up really quickly)

May I ask how you took eco as a health sci? I even applied for concession and got denied because it clashed with one of our poplhlth papers

buttercream

Who else thought the MEDSCI exam was frickin hard??
Me 4. I thought it was much, much harder than all the previous years' exams I attempted. And I don't think that my perception was affected by stress, because I was, frankly, somewhat calm - it's just that it was actually more difficult in many aspects.

Raro

Thanks for all of the help guys!!!

Luckily for me I'm actually interested in doing Eco, so I guess that's a good start. But will definitely need to give it a think - all of the other courses look so good!

All the best for any other exams you may have and getting in to Med next year!!

Cralfe

Me 4. I thought it was much, much harder than all the previous years' exams I attempted. And I don't think that my perception was affected by stress, because I was, frankly, somewhat calm - it's just that it was actually more difficult in many aspects.

Professor Faull's part was notably different from previous years, I'd say it was more challenging than the fill-in-the-gaps-only type questioning which honestly was really simple. Meanwhile, Loiselle's 4 mark quesiton had me scratching my head wondering what the heck he was expecting us to write ._. Thankfully I did pretty well in the tests so I can take a bit of a hit here.

sunny123

May I ask how you took eco as a health sci? I even applied for concession and got denied because it clashed with one of our poplhlth papers
Yeah I just applied and said I knew the lectures were recorded (had read previously on here that they were recorded). James spent some time trying to convince to enroll in another course, but I insisted and he eventually let me take econ. Pretty sure I was the only health-sci taking it, and yeah I missed every Wednesdays lecture because of our 101 lecs..

ZOOBAT

TheBestIsYetToCome
It's a tad quiet here :p
How's everyone prepping for interviews?

I know right haha.
I guess its just a hassle to keep coming on here when theres facebook and stuff.
With regards to interview prep - mostly just googling questions - and doing those with some friends

Sjav

Lurker
I've also heard that the interview is no longer at Owen Glenn this year. Where would they have it Instead? I wonder how much it will change the dynamics of the interview

easymoneysniper

I doubt it will change it at all. All you are doing it changing location from one room to another, the content will remain the same.

easymoneysniper

What is the difference between an end of semester test and an exam? I was looking at Medsci 142 course outline if this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.