Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

CSU Dentistry 2019 offers/acceptances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saane

Hey! When you accepted the offer, did you have to pay a deposit fee? I have been given an offer, haven’t accepted yet but I don’t see anything about a deposit fee! Thanks

I called and they stated once you accept the offer you will then have an interview process where they will ask about your finances etc. From there I'm not sure, do you know where the deposit goes or have you gotten any information regarding that?

Heytea

I called and they stated once you accept the offer you will then have an interview process where they will ask about your finances etc. From there I'm not sure, do you know where the deposit goes or have you gotten any information regarding that?

Oh no I haven’t read anything about a deposit, I was just wondering when you do accept do you have to pay anything right away or you accept and down the road pay the tuition fee

Stiga

Oh no I haven’t read anything about a deposit, I was just wondering when you do accept do you have to pay anything right away or you accept and down the road pay the tuition fee
I’m not sure if they’ve changed it at all, but when I accepted I had to pay the first semester tuition to secure my spot in the class

SA675

Hey. We have a couple of weeks to pay the tuition fee for one semester, which will confirm our enrolment. I will contact the university and ask if we can pay a deposit instead and the fee later

Saane

Once you’ve accepted the offer. They will contact you with the remaining details. No deposit when you accept, you just wait until they email you. They will contact a phone call as well.

Hey! When you accepted the offer, did you have to pay a deposit fee? I have been given an offer, haven’t accepted yet but I don’t see anything about a deposit fee! Thanks

Once you accept the offer they will email you with further details regarding where to deposit and when.

Hi! I've accepted my offer to Charles Sturt University for Bachelor of Dental Science starting the beginning of March 2019. I would like to connect with anyone else who has accepted their offer. I'm an international student coming from Canada and I'm looking forward to coming to CSU.

Hey! I just received my offer and accepted it. In the process of the deposit but have to complete the phone call prior. Could you tell me what this interview is about? Is it anything like the first one? When was your deposit expected by?
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

bch.Sarah

Hey! I just received my offer and accepted it. In the process of the deposit but have to complete the phone call prior. Could you tell me what this interview is about? Is it anything like the first one? When was your deposit expected by?
Thank you!

Hi! When I recieved my offer it outlined what day the deadline was to pay by and how much was required. Really read the files they sent you in your offer email I'm sure the details are there. If you need help Oztrekk was good to answer my questions. I didnt pay a deposite but had to pay the entire first semester tuition in a 3 week time span from the day they sent the offer.

Are you domestic? Perhaps they have a different payment plan for domestic and internationals.

Last edited:

BSCDH41

Lurker
Hi! I'm also an international student from Canada. I got my offer on Wednesday and have accepted it, just waiting on further instructions for the payment.

Hey guys I’m a Canadian currently in dent at CSU! If anyone has any questions or anything they need clarified, feel free to shoot me a message!!

Did you live on campus? If so which one? I'm would ideally like to be in one with cooling available but it's so expensive. Also if you are cooking, is there a grocery store nearby? It seems like there is not much near campus and limited buses, so I'm worried about getting around.

Last edited by a moderator:

SA675

Hi! I'm also an international student from Canada. I got my offer on Wednesday and have accepted it, just waiting on further instructions for the payment.
Hey. Congrats on the offer! When is the fee due for you? I got my offer the same day and have until next wednesday to pay.

Saane

Hey. Congrats on the offer! When is the fee due for you? I got my offer the same day and have until next wednesday to pay.

HI guys! I got my offer Wednesday too. I’m from Ontario. I’m to receive a phone call late today from the university and will proceed from there. My letter said September 13th for a deadline. Are you staying on residence, or looking elsewhere?

SA675

HI guys! I got my offer Wednesday too. I’m from Ontario. I’m to receive a phone call late today from the university and will proceed from there. My letter said September 13th for a deadline. Are you staying on residence, or looking elsewhere?
Hey. Congrats on the offer! Mine says the 13th as well, but I don't have a phone interview, since I applied through Oztrekk. I am going to stay on campus for the first year at the very least. From what I have read online the bus is not as frequent and reliable as it is in Canada so living off campus might make it difficult to get to class

Saane

I’m thinking of doing the same thing. So hard to pick which one, might start with the single/simple room rentals. I didn’t go through Oztrekk so maybe that’s why I’m getting a phone call.

SA675

I’m thinking of doing the same thing. So hard to pick which one, might start with the single/simple room rentals. I didn’t go through Oztrekk so maybe that’s why I’m getting a phone call.
It is difficult but you can contact the university and ask for more details about the accomodation. That might make things easier. Yeah when I applied we had to complete a questionnaire and since you applied on your own I assume they will make the call to ask you the same questions

SA675

DO you recall what the questions were?
They just want to make sure you are a temporary entrant and that you will leave after your studies are over, so most of the questions will be based off of that. Also they will ask how you will pay for your education and why you chose to study in Australia.

That’s awesome! Where in Canada are you? Have you decided on where your staying yet?

I just accepted a couple of days back so it won’t let me do any of that stuff, I’m having trouble logging into my portal but they said that happens with a lot of the International student accounts! Did you have any trouble with your account? I’m from British Columbia!! Have you chosen your accommodation?

Saane

I just accepted a couple of days back so it won’t let me do any of that stuff, I’m having trouble logging into my portal but they said that happens with a lot of the International student accounts! Did you have any trouble with your account? I’m from British Columbia!! Have you chosen your accommodation?

My portal has done the same thing. Just been researching the area to see what my options are. There are housing but very limited walking distance to the school. I also heard the buses aren’t very reliable on timing. The residence available seems to be good, but I haven’t decided either. I haven’t made my deposit but once that’s done I’ll havethat off my list and continue from there.

My portal has done the same thing. Just been researching the area to see what my options are. There are housing but very limited walking distance to the school. I also heard the buses aren’t very reliable on timing. The residence available seems to be good, but I haven’t decided either. I haven’t made my deposit but once that’s done I’ll havethat off my list and continue from there.

Makes sense, yeah there is a lot of options off campus but I feel like being right on campus for our first year would be ideal! Does anyone know if there’s a Facebook group / Chat for the Dent students?

Status
Not open for further replies.